Saban and his LSU Dynasty ... 36-0 ... 3-year schedule

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ramah, Aug 9, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if you look close at ramah's glasses you can understand his optimism.

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

haha.. Shannon Tweed.. she made softcore skinimax movies during the 90's.. ahh. .the memories..

3. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

Yeah, 36-0 is a bit unrealistic. And if you think like that, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I'm not saying they couldn't do it, but they should have whooped Florida last year. Going undefeated, particularly in the SEC, is not easy to do. It would be hard enough this year alone, with the hellacious schedule LSU has (and that's if several players at key positions step up, and the team avoids injury to some key players, which is never a certain thing). Not to mention, if they have another really successful season this year, a certain offensive coordinator (among other possible coaches) could very well move on.

Also, I hate to be the one to point this out, but in response to this:

"LSU stands atop the SEC winning in 2001 and 2003 with only an Arkansas fluke keeping LSU out of the 2002 SECCG ... that's Dominance"

Sure the West came down to this "Arkansas fluke" as you call it, but lest I remind you that LSU wouldn't have even been in the hunt at that point were it not for a much greater "fluke" in our favor. Remember that hail mary at Kentucky, so fondly referred to as the "bluegrass miracle"? My friend, that's a fluke. Sure we had some injuries to key players at that point in the season, but that's the game of football. The 2002 season wasn't a loss, but it was hardly SEC "dominance".

Here's another thought. You talk as though 2002 would've been another championship year were it not for the injuries, and then 2003 would have turned out the way it did, but that's not really fair. Had we not had the injuries in 2002, the 2003 season may have turned out very differently. By this I mean Mauck wasn't a great passer before his foot injury in 2002. He spoke a lot last year about how he worked on his passing game while he was recovering, and anyone who watched the last 2 seasons would have to admit there was a noticeable improvement. My point? What if Mauck had not been injured in 2002 and therefore wasn't forced to work on his passing game? How would that have affected the 2003 season? Let me just go out on a limb here and say that last touchdown pass to Skyler Green to win the regular season game against GA might not have happened. And there's no telling how the rest of the season would've turned out. Me? I'll take 2002 as a good, but non-dominating year, and 2003 for what it was, a national championship run from the best team in the country.

LSU should have a great team for as long as Saban will stick around. They should be among the best in the nation every year, and they certainly should have the talent, ability and coaching (at least head coaching) to beat anyone. That being said, Spurrier got beaten in the 90's, and LSU will get beaten during the next 3 years. There will be other very good SEC teams, and some will beat our dear Tigers. If you want to be unrealistic, that's fine. But just don't go postal or something when they do end up losing a game. It is, after all, just a game.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

agreed. why would he go postal by losing 20K on a game ...he'll have made more on the rest when the cover. heh
    here's to shannon cheers

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Ya' gotta have Faith

Name the losses LSU will sustain over the next 3 years on THAT SCHEDULE!

go ahead and put GA down in 2004 ... snickering

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Go ahead and list the teams you expect to whip LSU

I swear ... I can't see any team on the schedule over the next three years that can beat LSU

Only LSU can allow a let down and lose a game ...

but these teams don't have the talent or the coaching to beat LSU.

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Again, name the losses now ... I challenge you

You say LSU is gonna lose ... you just know it will happen somewhere ... even though LSU will have the better team ... you just know they are gonna lose ...

Sounds to me like you're one of these scared rabbits ... probably had a nice mom who wouldn't bust your butt ... but had your dad do it when he got home from work ... I can just imagine you starting to whimper ... hiding under those covers as you heard his car pull up in the driveway :hihi: ... Me ... momma took a stout stick to me often ... and I got another well deserved whippin' when dad got home ...

and if I was real bad ... I didn't get to go to the LSU FB game ... that only had to happen once ...

taught me to be positive and walk and talk straight about them Tigers ...

C'mon now ... name those losses LSU will have over the next 3 years

:hihi:

8. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Ramah, lets put some money on the next season or two Mr. Gambler....

9. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Ok Jesuit boy ... now we're talking ... how much of your Tulane Daddy's money will he give you for the wager? how much do you have in your piggy bank?

Pick the team that beats LSU and you win ...

Go ahead and pick Georgia ... you have two shots this year ... or do you?

10. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

Man you're obnoxious.

Well I guess those whippings didn't do enough good, did they? Perhaps your momma was trying to teach you manners and respect, two things you lack entirely. You're nothing but an immature, arrogant, pompous jack@$$, and somebody should take a "stout stick" to you again, in my humble opinion.

I never claimed to be a prophet, and I'm not going to guess at which games LSU will lose over the next 3 years. All I know is that they will most probably lose at some point. When's the last time a team from a major conference went unbeaten for 3 years? I don't know, and I really don't care to look it up, but I would imagine it's pretty rare. I love LSU football, and as long as Saban's around, they'll have one of the premier programs in the country, but that doesn't mean they'll go undefeated for 3 years.

And when they do lose a game, I'll be the first one on here to remind you of what a fool you are. Now grow up, and shut up.