Saban and Stoops

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by yorktigerfan, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Saunders said USC will get the AP poll

2. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

I have to admit....I do like Stoops. Especially his comment about how you can't change the rules to make the media happy.

3. tigerbait28

tigerbait28 Founding Member

stoops def. is good in front of the mic I have to say I was impressed

4. NCTiger

NCTiger Founding Member

Way to go Stoops,

He just stuck it to Bowden and Saunders and their self serving idiotic babbling. It's not an accident that two classy coaches are meeting in the NC game. And Sabin was just as impressive.

There's two things I've wanted for a long time. (1) our program back among the elite in college football, and (2) a program recognized for it's high class and high standards of conduct.

Sabin is giving us both.

5. NJtiger

NJtiger Founding Member

I MISSED IT!!

I was out of the room for a few minutes and must have missed Stoops's putdown of the media. What did he say?

6. purpleloungefly

purpleloungefly Baking & destroying

Did we see the same interview? Saban was much classier than Stoops---not just in appearance, but in attitude and tone. Stoops was just short of being combative, and I thought he was arrogant. I was very proud of Nick's performance and don't hope he emulates Stoops in any way. GO TIGERS!!!!!!

7. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

purplefly -
    If you put in 100 hours per week, have your heart and soul dedicated to what you do and have pencil pushers consistently belittle that, you might have a little attitude your damn self. Maybe if this was sychronized swimming or some panzy sport I could see your point. It is called sticking up for what you believe in, and I for one admire Stoops for it.

8. dothantiger

Well Saban did say that all we need is one more game. Both coaches know we should be in this game, but both coaches would like to see an undisputed champion.

9. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

Actually Stoops is fine with a split title, while Nick wants one more game to determine a unified champion.

10. dothantiger

yea, you're right. Stoops did say he was happy with a split. I like how Stoops said it's not about making the media happy, but I rather Saban's view on one more game.