Saban bags another one

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TwistedTiger, Mar 4, 2004.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

"Coach Nick Saban picked up his third commitments for the 2005 signing class late Wednesday when Clarence Ward (CB/WR, 6'1", 185, 4.4) from LaMarque, Texas called to tell him the good news." This according to Dandy D.
    http://www.dandydon.com/

:D :D :D :D :D :D

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

According to the person I spoke to late last night, Clarence Ward is the real deal and is one of the top 25 players in the state of Texas.
    Per dandydon.....

That says it all, this is just scary for the rest of the SEC!:D

3. TwistedTiger

Clarence Ward is the real deal and is one of the top 25 players in the state of Texas.
    Man losing that Houston game is really killing our recruiting in Texas!!!
    :D :D :D :D Wasn't someone here worried it would have a negative effect? The train is leaving the station earlier than usual this year and there aren't as many seats so you better punch your ticket and get your butt on board or get left at the train station--(See Jay Lucas)!!!!!:D :D :D :D

4. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Don't know if you're referring to me with the "Houston game" comments, but common sense suggests that you'd want to hold onto a game against a school based in one of your major recruiting areas, if at all possible.

Nick Saban understands how important he maintain a high profile here in Houston, which is why he appears on the local sports radio station each week during the season. A game versus UH means a week's worth of free pub in the area.

Why piss that away and agree to play Syracuse if you don't have to... and LSU doesn' t have to.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

with the enviable position st. nick found this yr by having too many names to sign, he inferred that he would have to start being 'picky' about who he takes. TT is right, many more will be left at the station.

With that being said, if we are being picky and already have this many commitments...i guess that means these are cream of the crop so to speak otherwise we wouldn't burn a scholly this far in advance.

6. TwistedTiger

I don't remember who posted it nor what I trying to poke anyone in the eye and I agree Texas and especially the Houston area is very important to us in recruiting. However with the current state of the program and the direction we are headed I think playing a game against Houston especially at home and not on TV is insignificant and in fact is less desirable than a game against a better name team that should get national TV coverage. Kids want to play in big games on TV not little games that no one sees. JMO:D :D :D :D :D :geaux: :lsug:

7. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

A game w/ Syracuse is an attractive intersectional matchup, and is thus likely to be nationally televised...possibly
    in prime time, possibly even on CBS or ABC. A game with Houston won't be. One of Coach Saban's ongoing goals is to recruit players to LSU on a NATIONAL basis. A game that gives the program that kind of exposure on a nationwide scale is ALWAYS preferable to one that doesn't. Besides, LSU has a strong presence in the Houston area...always has, and always will, due largely to the alumni base living there. Losing UH from the schedule won't do anything to hurt recruiting in that area.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Everybody....it's time to get on board...the love train (The O-Jays)