Saban & Bama threads consolidated

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiger63

tiger63 Founding Member

Again, I can't believe the way some of these bama fans are acting, (not all, not even the majority on this board, terry is makes clear coherent football specific points, but check crimson tusks for example) like they just can't believe how terrible some LSU fans are reacting. Like we wern't around when fRAN (notice how the bama people spell it) and he was there 2 years and went to a totally different conference. some of you guys threw bricks at curry!!

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

And more to come for that douche bag.

3. PhilosophyAskew

PhilosophyAskew Founding Member

Saban better wear rain slickers and carry an umbrella, cuz when he steps foot into Tiger Stadium in '08 it's gonna rain Coca-Cola on his lying A$$.

4. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I am confused; there were a lot of folk involved in that title run and I didn't see Saban line up for one snap all year.

1 person likes this.
  5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I think this story is going to hit the news tomorrow but supposedly Satan stuck the fins with a HUGE cellphone bill and get this, he was using it to call recruits for Alabama! Part of his compensation with the dolphins was a paid for cell phone. I wonder if WH is going to ask for the money back. :lol:

6. jettyman

jettyman Freshman

Buzzards, barners and hoodoos get over it. Scary aint it?

7. tiger63

tiger63 Founding Member

HUH?

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

There are some very good people on this forum. Please, represent our school the way it should be.

Tiger63,

We've had this discussion about DF. ( I've used the term fRan before...beginning to like D-cup more :) ) We've also discussed Stallings. Yes, Alabama fans would have been upset. Heck, that is better represented with Bill Oliver leaving Alabama and going to Auburn.

I've said that I understood why the anxiety/ill-will is being voiced about Saban. It's understandable. In fact, a lot of Auburn fans can understand it also with the recent hiring of Middleton as TE's coach.

The only thing I find beyond my ability to understand are the comments revolving around Saban not being able to recruit as effectively at Alabama as he did at LSU. The inability to coach as effectively is another hypothetical that leaves me wondering where ideas like that originate from.

This move by Alabama has created a stir...not only in the SEC but the NCAA as a whole. Even the talking pundits who so loudly said things like, "Who would want that job," and "Saban won't take the Alabama job" have confessed it is a strong hire at a school that with the right person at the helm is a contender.

I see comments by Alabama fans I find extremely disappointing. I find comments from other rival fans perplexing. Thankfully, there is a contingent that can still discuss the real impact and future of SEC football without allowing their arse to over-run their mouth.

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

and perhaps i speak for a few that think that his recent comments about LSU football, coaching staff, players, facilities as well as his proven track record of misleading others and lying makes me think that the days of walking into Louisiana and picking the brightest apple from the tree are over. can he/will he recruit well? of course. then again mike tyson used to be heavyweight champion of the world......i guess we all saw how that turned out. :)

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

:lol: :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.