Saban calls the media poll "classless"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MarineTiger, Sep 9, 2004.

1. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I know its been talked about but just wanted to post the official article from the TP

Saban

2. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

If memory serves, I think WWL had the same poll on it's website Monday as well.

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

so does tigerbait.com

4. Jericho

Jericho Freshman

I agree with Saban. I know that it is fun for me as a fan to discuss opinions about the team. It is part of what makes football season fun.

However,

The media should be aware that these are kids with families and they are not paid a dime. All they are doing is getting an education and contributing to the team. Shame on the media for trying to stir up controversy to boost their ratings.

Who ever starts at QB, I am behind them and rooting for my team to win.

GEAUX TIGERS

5. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

I agree with Nick on this one for sure, it's not fair to the kids who play or their families to have to see such stuff. I also like the fact that Coach Saban sticks up for his players on this one, I hope that the local media picks up on this and understands what the Coach is saying.

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

What's so ridiculous about all of this is the media thinking that Coach Saban is going to be influenced in his choice of a starter by some half-assed poll, rather than what he sees every day in practice or in games.

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Maybe we should stop having the AP and Coaches Polls ... Can you imagine how devastating it must be for those Tulane players and family members to never see their team ranked?

Maybe the NCAA should stop keeping statistics ... Can you imagine how the QB, and his family, feels to see his name last on the QB rating list?

Maybe we should not keep score like they do in tee ball ... Can you imagine how bad the losing team, and their families, must feel after the game?

C'mon guys, have we really become so thin skinned that a simple poll asking who should start gets everyone so upset?

8. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I'm sorry, where was it ever stated that this poll was an attempt to sway the coaches decision? As far as I could tell, it was just to get a gauge of the fans opinion. But of course the fans aren't allowed to have opinions, right?

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i diagree with saban. voicing opinions about sports is fun. a simple poll is no big deal.

10. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Apparently we have...