Saban calls the media poll "classless"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MarineTiger, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Well met, Tirk...I knew we'd find common ground. I have no quarrells with anyone that has exquisite taste in avatars such as yourself. Not to mention the cool lil saint's fan for your signature... ;)

2. BufordDAWG

BufordDAWG Founding Member

I totally agree with Saban. I have a huge amount of respect for him.

3. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Coach Saban sticks his neck out to protect his players & families. I respect that and I want to tell you one thing about the media. They just want to create controversy which is their job.

http://www.lsureveille.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/09/09/413fd6fd4ae29

Refusing to name a starting quarterback for Saturday's contest against Arkansas State, LSU coach Nick Saban said at his Wednesday press conference a Web site poll on the subject upset him.

Saban said he received phone calls from both JaMarcus Russell and Marcus Randall's parents, who were upset about their sons being put up for a popularity contest.

"I think that's pretty tasteless," Saban said. "Why don't you have a poll about me or something? I'm a professional. I can take it. I'm not going to tell you anything about [the quarterback situation] --nothing. Not before the game - never."

4. ramah

ramah Founding Member

OK you Gumps ... and you know who you are

Coach knows this will be a tough season ... and this latest complaint from Nick is a

"CALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT" ... not to contribute to distractions that undermine the program ...

Saban's obvious REASONS ...

1. THIS ~T~E~A~M~ is at a critical point in the season and cannot afford to have DISTRACTIONS AND DIVISIVENESS

2. THIS ~T~E~A~M~ was booed ... disgracefully booed during the game by complete idiots ... this the first game after a NC :dis: :dis: :dis:

3. THIS ~T~E~A~M~ needs FANS THAT ACT AND THINK LIKE CHAMPIONS and cannot achieve its goals without that great fan support, IMO

Support your coach and his call for YOUR TOTAL SUPPORT OF LSU FB :thumb:

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No matter your banter, people will boo, whine, bitch, cry whatever. It happens when you have a million people who pay good money. Its life. quit trying to be controller. it wont help.

That being said.... a coach of champions acts like champions and knows the outside variables which are out of their control. LSU fans are champions when they spend their hard earned money which could be spent on their kids or themselves. Yet, here we are with their hard earned money on this show and they can express themselves as they wish. Booing sucks ass as I never boo though some always will. Reality is there are 1000 or so drunk ass fans who spend their money and will express their unhappiness regardless what you or I say or think. Thats life. deal with it. Let's move on. LSU fans rock..... even the people who have an opposite opinion of the coach. deal with it. PERIOD.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

All Saban has done by ranting is bring more attention to this QB controversy.

Now his rant has made it to ESPN ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1877869

I wouldn't trade Saban for anyone, but he's not perfect or a god ... sometimes he can make a mountain out of a molehill!

Let's fast forward to Saturday night...