Saban/Finebaum interview about "transcript"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Nov 13, 2002.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

2. CrimsonPirate

CrimsonPirate Founding Member

Exactly as I've been saying. As a Louisianian, I know what a classy guy Coach Saban is and this interview only underscores that. That said, I look for a great football game Saturday night in Tiger Stadium. Geaux, Tigers and Roll, Tide.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Thanks for the link, Geauxscott.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Very Very Interesting. We all knew it was false, we were dissapointed some of the Bama faithful believed it.

We are so darn lucky to have Saban as an LSU tiger. His interview was great.

Finebaum is a 1st rate jackass. He ripped Saban last year after he hung up with him. Saban knew about it, and still came on this year.

Thank you Nick, for making our program one of the elite. Not only on the field but off.

5. Skrayper

Skrayper Founding Member

Now you know why Fran won't give an interview with that second-rate radio program. It's like the Jerry Springer of Southern Football Radio Shows. Heck, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they made that their official motto.

Finebaum kept on and on and on, saying Fran was going to leave, how he couldn't win in the SEC, etc etc, blah blah blah. He won't admit it now, but Finebaum cost himself a first rate guest by constantly harping on Fran's case. He sings his praises now, but please. Accepting praise from Finebaum is like accepting apples from serpents.

There's a show here in Birmingham called Sports 101 on 101.1 the source (B'ham's only, yes only, FM news station). Doug Bell and Scott Richards.

Class acts, unlike finebaum.

6. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

Thanks for the link.

7. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Skraypr is correct. Coach Fran will not give Finebaum an interview. His sportsmack show is low class just like Jerry Springer. He is selling air time and sensationalism. His allegance swings whichever way the popularity is swinging. I think he swings both ways too. lol
    Finebaum is a snake. Always has been, always will be. His garbage caused the B'ham Post Herald to lose a lot of subscribers.

8. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Did anyone listen to his interview w/Hawthorne on the same page? It was done before the Saban interview and he asked Hawthorne about the post. Hawthorne replied that he didn't believe Saban said it, that he didn't think Saban would ever say anything like that. After hanging up, this a-hole says, "Well, he (Hawthorne) didn't actually SAY Sabandidn't say it, he said he didn't BELIEVE Saban said it", thereby inferring that Saban said it, and Hawthorne was covering up. What a worm!!! Why didn't he have the balls to say that to Hawthorne when he was still on the phone?

9. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

Because he's PAUL FINEBAUM (or Finescum as many of his "fans" call him), a so-called sports journalist who is really a shockjock journalist who will do ANYTHING for ratings! he is a jerk and has very little credibility with anyone who cares about honesty, integrity and truth in journalism. He is a worm who kind of looks like the guy who owns the whole town in "The Simpsons."

10. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

When Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant was approached and asked to contribute $5 to a flower fund to bury a reporter he said "Here's $10, bury two."