Saban Helping Miles Find His Way

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Nublar, May 15, 2005.

1. Nublar

Nublar Freshman

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050515/SPORTS/505150373/1006

2. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Everything that I have read from Miami's newspapers and Dophin web site, coach Saban is always supportive of LSU football program. He specifically wants those football players which he helped to recruite at LSU do well.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

the cynic in me has to put this out there.. LSU has some great athletes that Saban would really like to keep a close relationship with, as they will one day be moving up to the NFL.. also, the Belicheck/Saban connection was a help to both of them, so maybe Saban is trying to keep some college contacts as well.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

It won't be long before the waters become mirky with conspiracy theorys. Soon the REAL reason will surface. The "thinkers" :dis: will come along and straighten this oversimplified article out. Far be it for us to take it at face value right?????? :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis:

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

What's wrong with a former coach helping out his former players? I'm sure he had good relationships with most of them and want the best for them. He left his players on good terms and there's no reason he'd have anything against Miles or LSU.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Nothing would please me more than to see Nick bring a bunch of LSU alums to the Miami Dolphins. It would help LSU football, and it would help turn me into a Dolphins fan!

7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

A lot of sports fans are like english literature proffessors. Can't take a book for what it is. There always has to be something other than just a good story. How else are you going to fill up those long hours in the class room or the time on sports television.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah well, any man who believes that everything is nothing more than what seems to be on the surface is a fool. However, I don't think there's much more to this story than the fact that Saban wants the program that he built to continue to succeed.

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

no doubt.. but you would be a fool to think that he isnt also thinking to start his bill belichick-style farm system...

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Saban will always be one of my favorite coaches of all-time who took this program and made it an elite one throughout the country.