Saban Helping Miles Find His Way

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Nublar, May 15, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You need to explain this one to me.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Saban used LSU and continues to do so. He feels no allegiance to LSU and everything he does is solely motivated by his desire to be the best that he can be. LSU is just one big footprint on his path to success and riches.

Or, he's a hell of a coach and a good human being who does not forget those that helped him along the way.

You decide.

3. SabanFan

If you want him to be, I guess. Again, it's all in your outlook on things.

4. JKIII

JKIII Founding Member

I attended LSU in the late 80s-90s. DINARDO...Not much of a specimen...talked a good talk...

With Saban...he is one HELL of a coach. Our program has been great in recruiting and and has performed with these recruits for the last couple of years. Saban years. No coincidence. He has a tie with the players he has groomed. Yes...if they succeed...he has an inside track on them as NFL recruits. Did he take us to prominance and leave for greener pastures...Yes. That is life. I HATE the timing he showed in his departure...but I respect him as a coach and am thankfull he has had his input with what we have now...this will give Miles at LEAST 2 seasons of SPECTACULAR players to work with while he gets on his feet. You go to college to better yourself, you send out resumes, to better yourself...Hell that is what people do...There are not going to be too many Bear Bryants coming along soon. I hope him the best...and now I can look forward to watching some Dolphin games and have the pleasure of watching the stacked 2005 TIGERS.

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Sabanfan needs to get his panties out of a bunch... I'm not saying saban is keeping in touch with miles only for personal gain... I'm just saying that a guy who is that good of a strategist knows the gain of keeping in with college coaches...

6. SabanFan

I believe the Melvin is located on your end.

7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Wow, did Saban really answer the phone and talk to Miles a few times? He's just an amazing human being! That's just so...not what any one of us would have done after leaving one job for a better one? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Give me a break! Now, show me a fired coach, cursed and ridiculed by rabid fans, who would answer the phone and talk sincerely to the new coach, now, that would be something really special.

Saban should be talking to Spurrier...

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

...like Miles said, it's not like Saban was fired from LSU. He left on good terms with the school. Obviously, not on good terms with a lot of fans, but that's another issue.

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

If anyone actually believed that.....that would be quite sad and show a blind hatred for the man.