Saban Left You In A Lurch? Sounds Familiar.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MSUSpartan, Dec 25, 2004.

1. MSUSpartan

MSUSpartan Freshman

5 years ago I was writing the same posts on www.spartantailgate.com that I am reading on this site. I'm an MSU Spartan and we got blind sided by Saban just like you did today. He told us the same garbage about loving the university, the community and wanting to raise his family in E. Lansing. Saban has always had one agenda, follow the money, coach in the NFL. There is nothing wrong with that, but his lies and the manner in which he leaves is classless. We didn't let him coach our bowl game, I hope your administration has the guts to do the same. Be thankful, at least you got a National Championship out of him. He's a mercenary - pay him to win, but don't expect any loyalship. I can't wait to laugh when he is fired in 3 years just like almost every other college coach that chases the money.

$aban $ucks!!!

By the way ... BIG TEN RULES!!!

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Anyone here that was blindsided wasn't paying any attention at all for the last 3 years. Most here are not mad because he "blindsided us" but because he was dishonest with us. He could have been honest and done the exact same thing and IMO fans would have been happy for him.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Huh... Hard to flame or agree with this one, cannot say you are wrong here...

Dont know about him Sucking, he built LSU into a powerhouse, but yeh I bought it hook line and sinker...

4. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

One big difference though. We won't be hiring Bobby Williams to be our head coach.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i didnt expect any loyalship, or a committageness or integriship. he is a mercenatarian.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Are you trying to replace TE?????? If so you're missing about 10,000 words in your post. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

7. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

If Nick raids the assistants at LSU on his way out, Williams will be in Miami. He's at LSU currently, if I'm not mistaken.

8. coppell_tiger

coppell_tiger Founding Member

What do you expect Saban or any other top coach to say?
    "Yeah, I might be leaving any day now, but would you please sign a commitment letter anyway".
    His "lies" are an unfortunate part of the college "recruiting game?

Thanks to Nick and his family for what he did for our State and University. I wish him the very best.

9. shel311

shel311 Founding Member

All the Saban haters out there are quite comical. These guys weren't upset when Saban left MSU. They had no problems with him doing the same thing to MSU. It's a business, and I think some people seem to forget about that.

What would you do if you moved away, and was in a new town for 5 years, and then all of a sudden your dream job became available and was offered to you at twice the pay. What would you do?

10. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Well, if I was carrying on the interviewing process in the public eye, I would expect to be fired as soon as my current boss found out.