Saban Left You In A Lurch? Sounds Familiar.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MSUSpartan, Dec 25, 2004.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I dont think many of us as you call Saban haters are just that. I just think we are dissapointed, I dont hate Nick Saban, not even a little bit. BUT I am very dissapointed and wish that maybe his speeches did ring true. Which in the end didn't
    Thats all.

2. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Thanks for stopping in. We appreciate the compassion. :)

3. shel311

shel311 Founding Member

That's the nature of the business. I'm sure Saban would have gladly kept it a big secret. He actually never made any statements regarding the matter.

Then he would hava kept it a secret, everyone would have all been blindsided and pissed off because we didn't see it coming. Saban never had a chance.

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I couldn't have said it better. I don't hate the man...but I hate that he wasn't more honest in the end. Don't issue a statement in November that the Dolphins' job is of no interest only to have the public find out later that he's been eyeing it since before this season started, as I read in a recent article somewhere.

5. msully

msully Founding Member

Now where do we go

This team has a lot of talent on it any coach can win with this team . Two to three years is what we are looking at , that is whereSsaban can hurt us !

6. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

He made an official statement in November that he didn't have any interest in the job...this came after the Dolphins had stated he was on their radar screen.

Is that a statement regarding the matter of his exit? Sure sounds like it to me.

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Rumors of him eying the Dolphins is exactly what was reported happinging 5 years ago when he was at Mich St. There was a story about his interview with LSU that said he had a notebook with ALOT of info about the Tigers...and not just stuff he came up with in a weeks time. Apparently he had been watching this situation for some time.

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Michigan State will always suck being 2nd fiddle to their school.

Please don't put us near that school in anyway.

9. raylsu

raylsu Founding Member

He made a quote on Dec 6th that he had no interest in the job. Six days later, he made an announcement that he and the Dolphins had "preliminary discussions" about the position.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I think this is quite interesting my self.
    How does one watch a job like that for 1 year or maybe even 5 years and
    then proclaim no interest in the job?

I would've had no problems if NS would've said something like he was looking into the job or weighing his options.
    I don't think it was the right thing to do to deny he had any interest in the job.

I don't like the way this was handled and this is 1 example but at least its over and we should move on pretty soon.