Saban long-term???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Feb 17, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think Saban will do what Spurrier did and dominate for a decade at LSU and then go try the NFL. So I look for him to stay at least 6 of the 7 years of his contract and probably all 7.

For those who say they would not be surprised he would leave after next year are foolish. How do you sign such a big contract and then walk away only 1 year later. Talk about not being realistic. It won't happen.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

As Chancellor Emmert is basically the CEO in charge of operating the University here in Baton Rouge and Jenkins oversees the entire LSU system, LSU-Shreveport, UNO, LSU-Eunice, ect. Assuming that these other campuses also have chancellors I really don't know what the duties of Jenkins are but I don't think he involves himself in the hiring and firing of coaches or professors.

3. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

lol good idea

4. ramah

ramah Founding Member

A program that competes for a NC every year ... the man already said it.

Four or Five more years here ...

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Pretty good summary BengalB. Emmert runs LSU (with the exception of the Ag Dept, they have their own chancellor). Jenkins runs the entire LSU system, while Sally Clausen runs the entire UL system (Why 2 systems, the world may never know. Guess its just another state job). And yes, each univ. has its own chancellor.

Jenkins could get involved with hiring, but with a man like Emmert who is a decision maker, there is little reason to get involved. Jenkins would be involved in hiring high level positions at each univ (e.g., chancellors). Eventually, Jenkins will move on to another institution and look for Emmert to be promoted to Jenkins position. Just part of the food chain. LSU will continue to be in good shape as long as Emmert is in the LSU system. The man has steel balls and freely makes decisions without the good ole boys influence.