Saban looks like he is having fun

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Thibodaux Tiger

Thibodaux Tiger Professional Lurker

why wouldn't he be happy? winning is ALWAYS fun

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: I'm no expert, but I agree with this.

I don't know anything about Nick's life outside of football but I don't think he has the same win at all cost mentality of Lombardi.

Lombardi said "Winning isn't everything - its the only thing"
    Lomabardi had his light hearted moments too. Once after fining Paul Horning $1000 for breaking curfew during training camp because he snuck out to see a woman Lombardi told Hornung that if he met a woman worth getting fined $1000 to see "Wake me up and I'll go with you"

3. ronbono

ronbono Founding Member

I can see it. Saban loves it here and is having a great time. The NFL crap is just another example of the media making it own news. He'd never make it in the NFL with all those over paid, arrogant, selfish yahoo's he'd have to coach. I wouldn't want to coach in the NFL if I could coach college. Only down to NCAA coaching is the constant recruiting...... oh, and the NCAA.

4. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Potential scandal...

Saban is banging who ???

5. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Correction

hoo ?!?!?

6. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

There was an article in the Reveille today talking about how happy Saban is. Quoting Coach, "I love this team, I love the players we have on the team. I love the chemistry we have on the team. I love our coaching staff. This is a joy and what we strive for. We have character quality guys who want to do the right things on and off the field. I've been very pleased with the way they've represented the program, the University, their families and themselves. I like this team a lot." I think this quote speaks for itself.