saban met with phins

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tiger777, Dec 15, 2004.

1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

lsusports.net and espn are reporting that saban had an official meeting with the phins last night and that he notified bertman in writing today. Man this does not look good at all.

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Miami would be a good situation for him, especially if he gets Floyd Reese (who's likely fed up with Bud Adams by now) to join him.

Man oh man, Nick Saban vs Bill Bellicheck for AFC East supremacy. Good luck, coach, and thanks for all you've done.

Now, the LSU job is easily one of very best in the country. Who's it gonna be...should Nick leave (believe me, he's gone)?

It sure as hell better be a proven winner, or you can flush dreams of getting someone like RPerriloux this season. No pussyfooting around with some unproven Asst. Coach; go get you a proven HC, Skip!

3. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

It has been reported in Alabama that Tuberville wants the LSU job if Saban leaves. Not trying to stir the pot but that is what I have heard.

LSUDAN

4. BB

BB Founding Member

Tubby isn't interested in LSU - he knows that we already have a fantastic janitorial crew for the stadium and the head janitor position will not be open even if Saban leaves.

Guys, Saban is not leaving. Who would possibly take a job at Miami after the Dan Marino kidnapping incident with Ray Finkle and the theft of Snowflake the Dolphin?

Just trying to get everyone to relax...

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

he's not gone yet.

6. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I'd rather have curly hallman than that elephant-eared turdhead tubbersville.

7. Carface

Carface What the...?

Just got this email from WJBO:

8. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

JIMBO JIMBO JIMBO JIMBO
    Where's the closest bridge?

Tubby or Butch?

Hopefully Nick will go to practice today and realize how much the players, fans and the AD support him. It might come down to Miami offering double the salary. If that's the case, Nick would be a fool not to take the $$$$. He can always come back to the college game(see spurrior)

9. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

I don't want Tuberville either but that is what I heard. Before we got Saban, Tuberville was pretty much on his way to LSU before Kramer stepped in and told Tuberville the SEC frowned on coaches moving to other teams within the league. That would have been his third team in the SEC West.

LSUDAN

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Tuberville will never be considered by LSU. Not after the 2001 game.