Saban offered 15 year $45 million contract?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jeffoxiam, Dec 10, 2003.

1. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I don't know...can you say BOWDEN?...PATERNO?...BRYANT?

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Dude, he's not going to stay here for 15 more years, maybe not even 10 more.

Even Skip Bertman has been quoted as saying that Saban will stay here until he accomplishes what he wants to do, then move on a la Steve Spurrier (Skip's comparison, not mine).

I believe Coach Saban will try to (a) leave this program in the sort of solid shape Steve Spurrier left Florida, thereby maximizing the chances of LSU attracting the caliber of coach able to sustain our success and (b) accept an NFL offer that fits whatever his ideal criteria is for that level (he had criteria when he came to LSU, so it makes sense).

Odds are both (a) and (b) will not coincide, but I imagine Saban will leave when they are reasonably close.

Another 5 years is my guess.

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Is this true, Sooner fans? Wow!

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nick is a 51 years old millionaire. In 15 years he will be long retired to his lakefront vacation homes.

5. flyincoondog

flyincoondog Freshman

Nick Saban for President!

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

LOL

Don't we still have some oil leases left in Louisiana to keep
    Nick around or when he retires find someone to replace him
    with?

7. Atltiger

Atltiger Founding Member

If Saban said he was not interested in the job in Atlanta. I beleive him. I have not seen him say anything here at LSU and not follow through.

We may have Spurrier to thank for what has happen to him. Nick could be looking at that situation and saying I don't want any of that.

Let me inject this thou. I wondered why Jimbo Fisher refused the job at Miss State. Hmmmm maybe he knows something. Maybe here for him down the road.

:lsug: :lsug: :lsug:

8. NJtiger

NJtiger Founding Member

not exactly true that Jimbo Fisher refused State job

Jimbo Fisher didn't INTERVIEW for Mississippi State job. Probably because he didn't think he'd get it. Bad to interview if you get passed over. Besides, it wasn't a plum. I don't think it tells you anything about Saban's future by looking at that. I like Jimbo Fisher very much but if Saban left I think we'd need to bring in another guy with head coaching experience. There is no room for error in this equation and if we're a Top Ten program we need to continue to hire the absolute CREAM OF THE CROP who are at the top of their game, not anyone who is going to grow into the job.

9. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

as far as Saban being seen in the atlanta airport, isn' t it possible that he was returning from Orlando and the awards ceremony?

Saban will not leave LSU until he has finished building his beast.

10. SabanRules

SabanRules Founding Member

Do you have a cite to the Louisiana Revised Statutes or the Civil Code? I'd like to see this statutory or codal provision limiting state or other employment contract to five years for myself.