Saban says he is not going anywhere

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Dec 19, 2003.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

What Saban Meant...

Hey guys...you have to read that article with sportswriter glasses...let me translate how a sportswriter reads it:

SARCASM ALERT!!! The following is SARCASM!!!! ;)

What Saban meant: "My agent is talking with every team in the NFL. I'm not happy here."

What Saban meant: "I'm thiking Falcons or Giants...not sure yet. What? We're in a bowl?"

What Saban meant: "I constantly think of leaving LSU. I want to be where the real mature players are. I'm miserable because...hey, this is LSU...it's not a great place like Lincoln, Nebraska or South Bend, Indiana. What? We're in a bowl?"

WHY can't writers just listen to the man...he seems adament that he's happy!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

2. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

Just read the article, and that's all I need to know about this subject. Now, everything can be concentrated on the Sugar and the rumors can finally end a slow death on talk radio.

This is really good news, I'm surprised more fans aren't posting on this thread. Saban staying is just as good as hiring the best coach out there to run your program. It is also nice Jimbo seems to want to stick around as well, I felt after the Sugar he would get a HC gig somewhere.

Great news. Saban is staying. Beat Okla.

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

What do you expect Saban to say? Even if he has some intentions on exploring the NFL possibilities he sure as heck wont be saying it in public. It is coach speak, nothing more. I dont want him to leave but the true test will come when the Bowl games and NFL regular season are over. Thats when we will know for sure if he is staying or not. Until then, its unkown regardless of what he says.