Saban to Bama?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by urtoosmall, May 4, 2003.

1. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I posted this before but it got deleted when the server changed. The best thing Bama could do right now would be to coax Gene Stallings out of retirement to rebuild respectability over the period that they are on probation. He is the one coach who might accept the job who the Tide fans could rally behind. Stallings is the one coach since Bear Bryant who understood what it takes to be the coach at Alabama, he won the National Championship, He was one of Bryant's Junction Boys at A&M. He wouldn't win another NC but he may be teh one coach who can keep the program from total self destruction that woud take at least a decade to recover from

3. Latide97

Latide97 Founding Member

Bama fans realize that our situation is undesirable to a lot of coaches right now. Believe me I know we don't have a shot at Saban. If he did come to Bama I would have to wonder about his decision-making ability. He has got it good right now at LSU. I just hope we can find a good fit, so our players can get back to whats important. We are optimistic, but were not stupid. We know that proven head coaches arent going to be jumping at the chance to come to Bama. I pray that the man that does take the chance is loyal to the university.
    ROLL TIDE TILL I DIE!

4. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

TigerSaint, didn't Mike Price fit that bill?

5. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

know what?

this is a message board to post opinions. And I've got one regarding Alabama.

Alabama needs.......

A good dose of reality. Last season was an anomoly. It will not happen again until the sanctions are over. And after that, it will not happen until Bama gets some sort of stability at the head coach position.

The red uniform does not make a good player. Or a good team. The years of Bama being that good and on auto pilot are over.

Bama is going to have to face facts and realize that in order to be good, they're gonna have to pay. Big.

The more Bama continues to think and act like Bama always has, the longer they will be down.

I don't like that Bama is down. It is sad to see a once great program struggle so much. (And using the term "great program" is even kind of hard knowing that the program was built on a fraudulous foundation.) Whatever, they used to win a whole lot, now they will not.

Bama will never be Bama again they way they were in 60s, 70s and 80s. It's not gonna happen. They'll be good again, but dominance like that (bought and paid for dominance) cannot happen in the SEC again, year after year. I don't think they are headed for oblivion a la Miss state (sad for auburn fan) - but they'll struggle to be as good as Arkansas has been they last 3 years or so. And they flat out will not be able to compete with LSU, Aub, GA, TN and FL with any consistency.