Saban to Notre Dame?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Sourdoughman, Nov 25, 2009.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

He would best get himself, family and all that he owns out of the state before he announces. That would be fun to watch but its not going to happen.

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

was thinking the same thing. he'd better announce from south bend if he did take the job. even then, some mfgump may be dumb enough to track him down and do some harm.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You know, Bama's on a real tightrope as far as probation goes. They're only one violation away from severe penalties. All it takes is one overzealous Bama booster to get with one money hungry player who has extra textbooks in his school locker....you get where I'm going with this.

If they go on probation and Saban jumps ship, that'd be a lot less classy than him leaving on his own terms with their program in great shape.

After all, according to Finebaum, "There's more teeth in the front row of Neyland stadium than there is in Saban's contract."

(no buyout or penalties there) Hmmmmm! :popcorn:.

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I'd be shocked if Saban left for ND (but I was shocked when he left Miami for Bama). I thought he wanted the NFL so bad, he'd stay at Miami and work to make it a success, but after you've lost your team and your staff, why stick around?

It's different at Bama, he's got it working, so why leave?

I gotta admit, watching that meltdown would be worth paying an admission fee!!!

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Is that possible? If so you don't hate them enough now.

6. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

How about we all go in for a few bucks, call ourselves Bama boosters and give one of their football players a gift. :shock::D

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I'm all in on that !!!:thumb:.

8. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Saban admits he made a mistake leaving LSU. He's not one who makes the same mistake twice. He's got it rolling in Bama, he ain't going nowhere.

I'd like to see us get it back together, so it's a mistake he regrets for the rest of his life.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

true or not, sexton is gonna make sure sabans name gets floated about and at least get him a look from nd even if saban has no intention of leaving bama. all in an effort to make the gumps nervous and open up the wallet a bit more. i can see him using any high profile opening, especially this one since the domers are loaded $$ wise, to get everything he can.

i have to admit, the thought of the epic meltdown at bama if he left makes me giggle like a little girl.

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

If I was in Saban's shoes, I'd take an offer to go to ND. Going to Bama was scummy after LSU gave him the chance to make it big (and Bama didn't, they hired Franchione instead of Saban). Going to ND would be the perfect choice for me if I was was in Saban shoes to get out of the mess he is in now by coaching for Bama against the SEC West school that gave him the chance for the big time... especially since he is a Catholic that goes to Mass every Sunday and even took his family to visit a Catholic shrine while on vacation in his Slavic homeland.

But, I'm not Saban.

Also, ND might not lower themselves to hire somebody with a scummy track record of selling out and lying like Saban. But, it appears all that is forgotten in the mass media... so ND might not have anything to worry about.

But, I've heard some of the other names ND is going after, and some are pretty impressive.