Saban to the Cowboys?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxtigs, Nov 18, 2010.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

TigerRag - ENGSTER: Statistically Speaking

:geaux: Interesting article by Jim Engster in Tiger Rag. Has anyone heard if Jerry Jones is seriously considering Little Nicky as Wade Phillip's successor? I haven't heard this myself, but wouldn't it really be a kick in the azz if Saban left the Gumps for the Cowboys in Big "D"?! If that ever happened the Gumps would have the Mother of all Meltdowns!! :hihi: Does anyone think this might happen? Thoughts? :LSU231:

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I think Satan learned his lesson in Miami and is in college to stay. I also think that Jones goes for an offensive coach following Phillips who was a D coach.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

A few reasons this won't happen:

1. No owner will ever let have Nick have the kind of control and autonomy in running a pro team that he would demand, much less Jerry. And I don't think Nick's authoritarian style works anywhere near as well on pro players who have made it compared to hungry college kids.
    2. Auburn is about to be a non-factor in the SEC for a very long time, if they're not kicked out altogether. Nick will have virtually unchallenged dominance in Alabama HS recruiting. It's a golden opportunity for a college coach.
    3. No building on earth could contain Nick and Jerry's egos.

2 people like this.
  4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The first two points are very valid but the third is the biggie.

5. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Ain't that the truth!!! :hihi: A couple of pretty hard heads there. But no chance at all that Nick wants one more shot at the NFL though? Is that ego big enough to give it one more shot with the Cowboys organization? Money is no problem there and stranger things have happened. I'd say overall it's unlikely, but I didn't think he was leaving LSU either until he did it. Would be one hell of Christmas present for the Gumps wouldn't it. :grin: :LSU231:

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I think Saban at some point will want to go back to the NFL; not the kind of guy to like a failure mark on his record - the ego thing. If he had won another NC this year it would be more likely, but I don't know about now. I don't think Nick is Jerry's first choice but he could be on the list. I agree Jerry won't give him the keys to Jerry World.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Living in Dallas I get 25/7 Cowboy's news if I want it or not.
    I listen to sports talk radio all day.
    Never once has ANYONE mentioned Nick Saban here.

It will not happen, he may leave Bama one day (I predict Penn State), but it wont be for Dallas.
    That would be a nightmare scenario for Nick and Jerry....

8. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Ive been telling Cowboy fans at work that Saban was leaving Bama for Dallas...maybe he heard me. :lol:

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

The FBI stumbled upon the Cam Newton Pay for Play accidentally as part of a much larger bank fraud/bribery investigation. You don't think Auburn alone is part of this investigation do you?

I hear that the feds are investigating the bank owned by Paul Bryant and his bank. They're interested in co mingling of funds involving the Red Elephant Club. Also a sort of black ops squad in the athletic dept that does cover up and intimidation. I'll believe it when I see it though. I believe it's part of the same AU investigation. I can't even hint at who I heard this from, so just chalk it up as pure speculation and rumors.

Before it's all over, I'm sure Bama gets exposed as well.

That's when Saban bolts. That's why Saban has no buyout.

10. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Maybe he bolts before the hammer falls and the gettin' is good, like good 'ole Petey Carrol at USCw. :LSU231: