Saban to the Cowboys?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxtigs, Nov 18, 2010.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Personally, I would take the cliff on Saipan over any job with Jerry Jones.:geauxtige

2. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Agreed.

3. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Take this with a grain of salt, but the word in Memphis has always been that within a few weeks of arriving in Miami, Nick realized it was a big mistake and his agent started the wheels in motion get him back to College football.
    Nick may be a lot of things, but his is not stupid. He knows his limitations and I don’t think he ever goes back to the NFL.
    :eek:ldskule:

4. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Oh please, Let's all bow down to the greatest football program in history.:rolleye33:

Put down the pipe before you burn yourself.

1 person likes this.
  5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

His dynamic personality is a lightning rod for the masses. Alabama is the most dominant "flagship" team in the SEC. When two irresistible entities come together, there is always going to be this incredible combustion in among the emotional stability of our SEC brethren. Auburn, would be the latest exhibit A. Born of fear and panic over their lot in life, we are witnessing something worthy of a Hollywood epic. In coach Saban's second Bama campaign, coaches were falling like the monsoon in a rain forest. Tommy Bowden, Croom got Croomed, Tubby was sent into exile, even Fulmer didn't have enough seniority to withstand the tide of discontent that followed his two epic beat downs.

But it isn't just fired coaches. We're talking confusion and anger over the coaches still practicing their trade. Richt and the now legendary "Blackout" could be argued is still a work in progress. Meyers and his feet of clay and don't get me started about the discontent that seems to be reflected on so many threads on Saban in the land of purple.

To that end coach Saban, I submit has become THE rock star. That's all I meant.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

All but CLM. Interesting he is 2-2 (should be 3-1 with decent zebras last year) against Little Nicky and unfazed by the aura. Yes many LSU fans were/are upset but the team and Miles don't worry about it they just let the BS roll off and play ball.:geaux::geaux::geaux:

7. msully

msully Founding Member

A rock Star , you maybe right

rockstar most of the time is a 1 or 2 hit wonder , lets look at Saban . With love ok ?

In 2003 he and his LSU Tiger team were the King on the Hill. Won the BCS Championship Game in 2003
    In 2004 his (Saban) LSU Tiger coached team lost 3 games , wound up ranked 16 th the nation .
    Then he left went Pro . Oh my he sure showed them how great of a coach he is there .
    Bama wanted a great coach , fired Mike , Saban great that great talent just waiting , like it was at LSU
    Came back to rebuild a team , in 2008 his bama team went 12-0
    In 2009 his bama team went 12-0 and won BCS Championship Game
    2010 after the Championship team , what has he done ? What he did at LSU . He has lost 2 games and if Cam plays he will make it 3L's at Bama . Mostly his players now .
    Yes i can see your point , he is like a rock star , do you think he will be at Bama in 2 years ??
    I do not .

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Yes, he will be in Tuscaloosa until they pry his cold fingers from the goalpost of Bryant Denny. He dwells in the Taj Mahal of all sports complex. Did we not watch all access together and see the intensity of this man's commitment? Were you not amazed as you watched last year's historic Bama team come together to go undefeated, defeating the last three national champions, two of which were undefeated with Florida returning all hands on deck and going for a repeat? This incredible, perhaps never to be repeated feat can only be explain through the eyes of the man himself in the bigger than life movie "The Game Changer."

The seasons of discontent are being felt through the proud Universities of the SEC that can only hope for better days. TigerLand will be no different and will continue to measure the Hat vs the Man. Stay tune as coach Saban likes to say, "It's a process."

9. careeves

careeves Freshman

I really don't understand why most of you think you would have won last years game even if the Refs overturn the call and Patrick Peterson is given the interception. With LSU needing to score a touchdown and given we had the Best Defense in the nation last year it is HIGHLY doubtful you get it, otherwise we can say if JPW doesn't fumble the ball in 2007 we don't lose that ball game.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I've actually been to Saipan. Twice.