SabanFan's Bill of Rights

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jul 9, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's because you live in a place where you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Puerto Rican.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

true, and who am i to tell people what language to speak?

3. SabanFan

True. And who are you to tell people their God doesn't exist?

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

telling people to get out of the country is a bit different than telling people their god doesnt exist. one is a demand that you leave the country, the other is just what i believe, and makes no demands of anyone. i dont care if you believe, i am only telling you that it is silly. i do not demand that anyone does anything, whereas your little bill of rights tells people to learn english or leave america, as if they do not have the freedom to speak whatever they choose. see the difference? i encourage you to speak the language of your choice, as well as believe the superstition of your choice.

good luck trying to bend your misunderstandings of my stance on religion to your benefit.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Add Article XII to your Bill of Rights - All employees of outsourced call centers must learn to speak good English.

Yesterday I spent 30 minutes trying to communicate with some woman at MCI's customer service. I could barely understand her and I don't think she understood a word I said.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

or maybe article XIII

you are not are not entitled to have everyone speak your language, and if they do not, you are free to buy your goods and services from somewhere else. capitalism gives us many choices. forcing your language on is people the opposite of freedom. it is not the job of the majority to force their will of convenience on the minority.

i like quesoburguesas

7. SabanFan

BengalB referred to employees of outsourced call centers. You have no say as to who picks up the phone. You must speak to the person that answers. If that turns out to be some immigrant imbecile that can't be taught basic english then you have no choice but to try and make the idiot understand.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When I do business with an American company and after going though the menu (press 1 if....) and taking at least 10 minutes to get to an actual human I am entitled to have that human speak good enough English to take care of business without having to be switched to another menu and taking another 20 minutes to get to another human who does speak English well enough to tell me that my problem is not her department. Some idiot at MCI caused their computer to block my ability to make long distance calls and yesterday after over an hour on the phone I was finally told that my problem was resolved but it would not be until Monday when the system updated itself to let me use LD.

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po:

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

or you could take your business elsewhere, which is always a choice when service people are incompetent. it might cost more to pay americans though, but hey thats capitalism for you, you get what you pay for.

of course i agree it is annoying when communication is difficult due to incompetence, but i am not writing this bill of rights that demands that people be competent or leave the country. i dont care if you are just stupid, or you dont speak english, all of that is the same to me, either way i want to take my business somewhere else, not deport people or force them to do what i want.

does this foolishness still apply if the person is an outsourced tech support indian in india, will you force them to return to where they came from then? where will they go? nowhere?

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yeah, right. I could take my business back to BellSouth but they are no better.