Saban's contract

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUfan636, Jan 11, 2004.

1. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

Did Saban sign his contract yesterday when he said he would stay at LSU? I haven't heard anything about it...

2. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

no he didn't...nm

:(

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

He mentioned that it was still being worked on and wasn't an issue.

:geaux:

4. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

I heard something like a 10 year contract. Is this true?

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

6-9 years is being reported for about 2.75 mil. I hope it's 9 years and a huge buyout clause to keep him here for the duration of this contract.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Skip has already said there absolutely will not be a buyout clause. His logic is that if a coach doesn't want to be at LSU then LSU doesn't want them to stay. Quite frankly, I don't believe that Nick Saban would sign such a contract.

7. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

If their was an it is exhibited than

I wouldn't coach...but you shouldn't see a buyout clause..no way!! That would piss me off and probably do the same to Saban!

The contract will not be a problem, look for him to be sealed in the next two weeks or so!

8. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Guys...They'd have to change state law to give Saban a contract longer than 5 years...

I have heard that they are going to give him a multi-year annuity that ranges into the tens of millions of dollars range, along with an excellent salary compensation amount...

In this way, Saban will get a small amount from the annuity if he leaves LSU after 1-2 years, but gets increasingly more the longer he stays, eventually cashing out on around 10-12 million if he stays for a 6-8 year period...This is in addition to his contract, which will range close to three million yearly, which will honestly increase his contract amount to around 4-5 million per year...But, in the long term...in the short term, he'll only see about half that amount because of the annuity...