Saban's QB Rotation?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by flabengal, Jul 23, 2004.

1. lsufan99

lsufan99 Founding Member

The question is, if Randall does start is Jimbo gonna build the offense around his strengths or use the same offense that Mauck was successful with? I am convinced our defense will be good, my only worry is the offense.

2. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Come on 99... I am not a Jimbo fan but give the guy a little credit. Of course the "game plan" will be suited for the strength of the entire offensive talent pool.

Jimbo is by no means a visionary or a risk taker, but he can design an effective game plan. My guess is you will see him first make a defense stop the run (great OL and talented RBs). Then once the defense has 8 in the box, Jimbo will let the speed guys stretch the field. Once those two things have occurred and the defense does not know whether to come up and stop the run or turn tail and haul ass to keep up with our speed guys… look for Skyler to run the 5 yard slant route for a TD.

Offense will not be rocket science this year (IMO), just really hard to defend.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I'm just amazed that we haven't learned to trust Saban yet ...

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I think one (or both) of the frosh can play the OSU if two things happen. 1) Randall plays very well 2) The game is over early.

While it is important that the freshman get some playing time, it is more important that Randall (or whoever starts) does before the really hard games come up in the schedule. Kinda like Arizona last year...