Saban's Temper

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by purpleloungefly, Jul 31, 2003.

1. purpleloungefly

purpleloungefly Baking & destroying

is nick's temper a good thing or does he need to chillout a bit. i just remember him erupting on the sideline vs miss. state that just kind of stuck in my mind. who knows it may have a positive affect on the players or his outburst could just roll off their backs having been used to coaches yelling at them all their lives.

2. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I don't think it has an adverse affect on the players. The players understand that Nick is a business type coach and when he shoes emotion, they know Nick's not happy. Dinardo was more of a player's coach, that won over the players as a friend. I think Saban is a coach that tries to let the game and the score board win over the players. I'm sure he is also a good friend to these guys as well, a mentor, someone they can all approach with their problems. :lsug: :geaux:

3. GxLSU1

GxLSU1 Founding Member

What do you mean by Business type coach?

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

No nonsense. All business, all the time.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Pro-style. He doesn't baby the players or assistant coaches. He expects everybody to do their job and be no less serious about it than himself.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I like the buisiness attitude. The reason why the school is paying for your education is for you to play football and if you don't do your job you will suffer the consequences. This helps build some of those "life skills" because if you cant do your job there are people right behind you that are willing.

7. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I think he's fine. Since he does not consistently blow his top then the team knows when he does its serious and they better straighten up. If he blew up all the time then it would devalue the times when he does. Does that make sense?

8. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Whatever wins. If yelling makes the players work harder, so be it...

9. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Saban does not have a temper. Just ask Josh & Abram Booty.:)

10. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

I'd rather have a coach like Saban that shows a little emotion and let's the players know how he feels than a coach like Sherrill. He looks the same whether they are winning 100-0 or losing 0-100. :shock: of course they are usually on the losing end...:D