Saban's "vacation parting shot" is PROFOUND!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TNT, Jun 28, 2003.

1. TNT

TNT Founding Member

This guy is not afraid to state the FACTS! He is not moribund, a la the resident YUGOS who have been sitting on their job, Nick is a man with many options.

It is absolutely appalling to read the comments of some "so called LSU fans". Some are accusing him of "speaking and running"; others say "he shouldn't let the door hit him in the azz"; others think he should be quiet and do his job!

Saban will not put up with the politicians in Louisiana very long....if any longer. He'll do like Arnsparger and MOVE ON! For crying out loud. The man has been here for 3 years and look what he has installed at LSU. We have a new Academic Center......a stable full of players who are in school doing their work and staying out of trouble....recruiting for LSU among the nation's elite. He never has done anything but build up LSU. He is building. He is doing it for US.

I wonder.......as Brodhead used to say....I wonder if we will ever give ourselves a chance to attain greatness. The deafeatist attitude and STARK IGNORANCE in Louisiana (lived here my whole life if I may add) is like a bad plague. We continue to allow corruption to hold us back. When a guy like Saban, Emmert, Bertman and others provide leadership........we equate them to the politicians who do NOTHING BUT MISLEAD!

Tiger fans...we have an opportunity. We have leaders who want to lead us to the top. They want us to excel academically and athletically. We had better heed their message.....if we want to join the elite. I believe in our leaders and I will follow. Let's hope many more stand up and defend the TAF. We will get NOTHING but "more of the same crap" from politicians. Those who oppose our university leaders either do not understand.........or ARE PART AND PARCEL OF THE PROBLEMS THAT HOLD US BACK!!

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

hey, what more do you want?

I already joined TAF yesterday!!

Preach on, anyway, brother.

You are a little annoying, but you speak the truth!

:geaux:
    :lsug:

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Lets all hope that Re: Saban's "vacation parting shot" is not an actual "parting shot" Saban is a hot commodity in demand by both colleges and the NFL. He basically can name his ticket if he would decide to go elsewhere. If he gets the tools to build the program the way he wants to do I believe he will stay for a long time. At the present time Nick has a substantial investment in the time and effort he has exerted in building the program to the level he has accomplished in 3 years. He likes it here and Baton Rouge has become his home. The house and property where he lives on Highland Road was on the market for $6 million dollars before he moved there. I don't know whether he bought it or leased it. With Skip as AD and Emmert as chancellor he has people to work with with progressive philosophies that can bring the football program into the 21st century and beyond if they are not undermined by politicians. LSU has the opportunity to create a system that can compete for national championships year after year the way that Notre Dame, Florida State, Nebraska, Miami and Oklahoma have done. To accomplish that it will take a lot of money. People will have to come to the realization that just because their Daddies or Granddaddies had cheap 50 yard line season tickets that doesn't mean they are automatically entitled to renew them year after year unless they are willing to pay the market value for them. If the people who oppose TAF controlling the majority of seats in Tiger Stadium have their way LSU will eventualy join the Mississippi States and Vanderbilts of the SEC instead of becoming one of the nations elite programs. Right now everything is in place for LSU to take a giant leap into the national spotlight mostly due the efforts of Saban, Bertman and Emmert. Does anybody really want to go back to the dark ages of Curley Hallman football just so they can save a few bucks?

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Re: Re: Saban's "vacation parting shot" is PROFOUND!

Sadly, the answer is probably that there are folks who feel exactly that way, and they currently hold seats between the 20s in the bowl.

It's time to make them pay for the privilege.

The USA did not defeat communism by relying on the 1945 way of doing things. LSU will not defeat its competition by relying on the 1965 way of doing things.

It is very simple, really.

:geaux:

:lsug: