Sacrifices

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JSracing, May 16, 2005.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

[​IMG]

I hope if we ever get in the situation they were in somebody sacrifices for us.
    Sacrifice ??? huh? You mean Americans might die?

Just think if those men and women hadn't sacrificed their lives in the Sands of Eygpt or the beaches of Iwo Jima.... where would we be?

Well since we bombed japan anyway.... was it necessary for them to die like that on Iwo Jima? And since the Russians were going to get Berlin anyway was it necessary for us to re-take france and Germany and happen across the concentration camps? I guess not.

I mean what did we get out of it? a boat load of immigrant jews? Where's our oil? where's our Oriental Island we took over???? Why aren't we the corporate heads of Nissan????
    hey if it doesn't help us directly why should we support it?

The practice of isolationsim may be nice in theory, but it doesn't work. One has to merely look back in history to see that. We were a nation that practiced isolationism when we were dragged into WWII.

Was it wrong to go into Iraq? who knows, but it's done. It's like crying over a broken glass. The benifits or falicy of the act of nation building are never known right away. Unfortunately, now days in this fast media, results driven world, people want answers and proof right away.

It could take years and lots of money and lives, and it's STILL a hit or miss proposition.

In the end, if it works, it is worth it. If it helps bring the nation of Islam into a democratic way of thinking, it is worth every life down to the last one. It's not just Iraq we are fighting for, it's a way of life, we are trying to change a culture. Why? well because it is in our best interests to do so.
    It's not conducsive to do business in an oil rich area with despots and/or nations that espouse and foster radical militant groups under the guise of a holy war.

It's somewhat imperitive to create some sort of semblance of democracy in that area.

Thanks!
    JS

2. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Not our job, none of our business. . .

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I disagree,
    He may mean Iraq when he talks about that area but I also think Afghanistan
    is in "that" area.
    It's just the way I define that area I guess.
    9/11 changed things a bit in IMHO, :911:

Were you for or against us going into Afghanistan?

4. Mystikalilusion

For, but only to wipe out the terror cells that led to Osama (who's still out there). Then we needed to get the heck out. Which we didn't do.

5. Sourdoughman

You get the heck out like you wanted to do and they'll just come back.
    That would do zero good, you have to change where you've been or they
    will go back to the same old way!

6. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

We didn't just " get the heck out" of Germany or Japan. We've been there arguably ever since.

William the conqueror, after defeating Harold ( Saxxon ) set up Castles and Abbey's every 15 miles or so along the British country side. It's not wrong to set up and try to make alis in other nations when a obvious despot has been deposed, it's only natural to want friends and not enemys.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

AAAAHAHAHA!@#!#@! thanks for posting that, J! that was a much needed laugh.

Boy, the stuff people come up with now, I tell ya.

Yes, go ask some Iraqi's if they're free, but make sure your head doesn't get blown off in the process!

And I'm assuming that the 1,000,000 lives Lincoln 'lost' is referring to the civil war? Well then, that's a classic case of liberal jargon if I've ever heard one. As any self-respecting, educated southerner knows, the 'civil' war was simply not fought over slavery. States rights, seccession, unreasonable tarrifs, South Carolina...any of this ringing a bell? The misconception that the war between the states was good vs evil/freedom vs slavery is liberal propoganda, and that's coming from me.

8. Mystikalilusion

That's where the American public mindset is wrong. That area of the world has been the way they've been ("the same old way") for thousands of years. Who's to say they're right or wrong, just like who's to say who's right or wrong out of the republicans and democrats. It's not America's job to run around the world righting every wrong.

9. Sourdoughman

You make zero sense here, are we talking about the same thing? :confused:

Let me ask you a question, what happened when the Russians got the heck
    out to Afghanistan, who came in and took over the country?

Right or wrong, Is it a bad thing that we went in and got rid of Al Quada and
    the Taliban and improved the Afghanies lives by building schools and other
    modern facilities?
    They've been the same old way so therefore we shouldn't improve people's
    lives?

So, in some people's minds 9/11 was the right thing to do?

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Get the story straight. WE armed and enabled the taliban to defeat Russian occupation. The Russians were a threat to our percieved interests in the region (kinda like Kuwait). How ironic that those same arms would later be used against us.