SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS- TAF selling Ole Miss Tickets at half price

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jeffinbama, Mar 1, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I agree that it is sad that our fans don't support the basketball team the way they should, but I don't think what TAF is doing is sad.

2. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

what is sad is that taf has these tickets to offer for whatever reason they are doing it.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

TAF is not selling these tickets. The LSU athletic department is selling half price tickets to TAF members. There is a difference here, unlike football where TAF controls and sells seats. In this case TAF is emailing its members and has worked out a promotional deal with the athletic department. Anyone can actually use that code now that it has been posted here. (try it those of you wanting tickets!!)

I think it is a good move. TAF is mainly comprised of your hardcore football supporters. It is a good way to get some of that group to the basketball games. What better way than to show them a SEC championship team!

The place has not been packed to capacity all year long. I hope Saturday can be standing room only. The coaches and players deserve it. I'd go as far as to say that the hardcore basketball fans that are there every game deserve it as well!

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I suspect TAF will pay the price difference for these tickets to the athletic dept. That's why they have a special promo code to track how many tickets are sold.

But either way, it will suck if we have less than 10,000 fans like we did last week against UK.

Don't know what else this team can do to attract fans...

5. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

I am not saying that what TAF is doing is sad, I am saying that LSU fans are not supporting this team to the point that we have to put tickets on sale for half price.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

dolt [​IMG] ([FONT=verdana, sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (d[​IMG]lt)
    n.
    A stupid person; a dunce.

[Middle English dulte, from past participle of dullen, to dull, from dul, dull. See dull.]
    :dis: