Sad times for CFB…

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CaryLab, Jan 7, 2022.

1. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Just reported that A&M boosters have spent upwards of $30 million to shore up the number one class. NCAA better get a handle on this bullshit real fast. NIL and transfer portal has destroyed the game we all love so much. Pisses me off!

tzanghi, TCUTiger, StaceyO and 7 others like this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Even the pretense of college football being an amateur sport is gone. Charlie Batch, former Lions and Steelers QB, put out a public tweet yesterday promising Caleb Williams a million dollar NIL deal if he would transfer to his alma mater, Eastern Michigan.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Can't say we didn't see this coming. Well except for that one dude who thought it was a good idea.

As for the Maggie's, this will make it even funnier that 30 mil will get them an outback bowl

tzanghi, Richdog, CaryLab and 4 others like this.
  4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I think we need to be realistic about this. They just put together the greatest class of all time, and it wasn't particularly close. And they aren't even done. They have the money to do this every year, and it will only take a couple more before even Alabama won't match up talent wise.

Mis'sippi Tigah likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

CFB is turning into a circus. Those millions are tied to football not education so all that sanctimonious bullshit about student athlete is just that bullshit. I am just about done with it. I have been done with the NFL for 2 years. Kaepernick was the first sign of the league not giving one shit about the fans, Been done with the NBA for 15 years.

KyleK, msully, 65Grad and 2 others like this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Kiki I’m afraid you’re right in every aspect. It’s a shame one of the greatest sports ever is being ruined because of greed and lack of control.

BornOnTheBayou likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Have you ever watched the shit show that is the Dallas Cowboys? You can't put that many egos on one team and expect them to co-exist. Plus there is Jimbo.

They won't win shit!

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

The outlier is the NFL has caps and operates as a cartel with agreed upon limits. Can you imagine if Jerry said fk this and gathered up all the rich Dallas supporters (think luxury boxes) and said, lets pay these guys sponsor money to go around the direct salary cap? He could then pull in every high$ free agent possible to make an allstar team, egos notwithstanding. Owner riots would ensue...

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Exactly, there is parity in the NFL. Completely different.

10. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

I saw that this morning. How anyone could think this is a good idea for CFB is beyond me. Texas schools love it though…nothing like pay for play. Pathetic