Sad times for CFB…

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CaryLab, Jan 7, 2022.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Heard an interview today that was alarming. Basically the guy said

Lots of these NIL deals are bullshit, that the players are grossly overpaid

The NCAA is powerless to do anything about it and get this, the ONLY way to reel it in is with action by the Federal Gvt. That is terrifying!

That eventually (and I can totally see this going down) there will be about 25 schools or so that basically control everything and the rest of the schools will just no longer have football. As you know football is the revenue generator for 90% of these schools so all other sports will die on the vine as well.

Big thank you to all the assholes that beat the drum so loudly to pay the players

Hou-duco and HalloweenRun like this.
  2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Well yes that's the night mare scenario and but I don't think it will get to that. Football can't service with just 25 teams for a lot of reasons and nobody knows it better than the big 25. So at some point when the shit gets bad enough they are going to get together and invent some kind of governing body and implement some controls.

3. shane0911

That is almost literally what I just said

Smh

4. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

I’d like to know how the NCAA is powerless to do anything.

5. shane0911

I don't know for sure, I came in halfway through. It doesn't seem like they have any power though. Probably because they are not in the NIL business but just guessing.

One of the other things the guy said was that the NCAA isn't even going to try and police it (NIL) and it would be up to the bigger schools to take that responsibility.

He mentioned Saban and Smart saying something about a need for regulation. I didn't see or hear either of them do so but apparently they did. Good on them for doing so because without it the beginning of the end is right now.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

They lost in court after fighting against it for years. Probably have taken their ball and gone home. They’ll let chaos reign until it’s so bad that some legislation is passed to allow them control. Be interesting to see if college sports survives long enough.

kcal likes this.
  7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Nope. You said we would get down to only 25 teams with football.
    I said before it got to that point the big money schools would implement controls and a governing body. Because they know if all the minnows are gone there is nothing for them to feed on.

8. shane0911

By that time it will be too late. Regulation needs to happen fast. We are less than 15 years from the end.

9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

In 15 years I may have dementia and not even know who I am what I am watching or who I am pulling for.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Bingo. I liken it to the defund police movement. All they gotta do is sit back and relax while the college sports world burns.

shane0911 likes this.