Saint vs Panthers thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Dec 3, 2017.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

He always seems to be in position but a lot of times he just doesn't make the play on the ball. Frustrating...

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Alvin Kamara. I don’t think I’ve seen a more dynamic tailback since Marshall Faulk.

ParadiseiNC and mctiger like this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

On that touchdown, he's just too short to have gotten up for that ball. I get what you're saying, but the improvement I'm talking about is exactly that. Last year, he was in position, but didn't make plays. This year, the game has slowed down a bit and he's making stops. Maybe not interceptions, but he's breaking up passes and not getting as many penalties.

4. mctiger

Thursday night against Atlanta's fast linebackers is going to be a huge test.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It will be for sure and I won’t lie it won’t make me feel bad if Debo has a big game. The thing about Kamara though is he is extremely tough to bring down 1 on 1. He is so good after first contact, man how did Saban let this dude go? He is better than Yeldon, Drake, and Henry combined because of his versatility and ability to make people miss, then he just explodes with the speed. He really if I’m being honest looks like a Faulk/OBJ hybrid in space. The play today at the end of the game I think before the victory formation, the way he cut across the field right to left reminded me of Odell catching a slant or shallow cross and just go sideways and outrun every one to the sideline and cut it upfield. Kamara was close to doing that on that play. If he can stay healthy this kid is gonna be very fun to watch for a while.

mctiger and Bengal B like this.
  6. mctiger

@LaSalleAve Well the story about the Saints' scouting of AK (before Aikman 180'd it today) is that Payton went to UT specifically to test him on his ability to run routes and catch the ball. I'm guessing he didn't come out of a HS program where they threw the ball to the backs a lot. It's not a big part of the Bama offense either, so it didn't figure into his recruitment. Bama does tend to go more for big power backs, which really isn't Kamara's mo. Props to SP for envisioning what he's capable of.

Oh, and former Tiger or not, I hope Debo has a big shitball of a game Thursday. Duke too.

shane0911 and fanatic like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was glad to see Russell Shepard catch a pass to keep a Carolina drive alive but I'm glad his team lost. If he had been a Falcon I would have wanted to see his head flying alongside the football that had been dislodged the his hands by a brutal hit.

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Tennesee's coach should have been fired just for not fully utilizing Kamara alone !!

ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

It would be very difficult for me to pull for Atl even if we needed them to win so we could be in the playoffs. I know that makes no sense, but thats how much I hate Atl.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

He is maddenly inconsistent. Sometimes, he's calling plays like the SP in his prime, other times you're like WTF? I wish he'd turn the playing back over to Carmichael.
    Not only that, but he forces opposing defenses to play nickel or dime, which opens up the power running game, or else he's going to be lined up in coverage against a LB or safety. Advantage #41.
    Ditto