Saints 5-1!!

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DarkHornet, Oct 15, 2006.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

No thread on this yet? It was a tight one, but I love the way the team responded to the Eagles run.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Who are these guys, and what have they done with the Saints? Would you believe a 16 play, clock eating drive at the end of the game??. How about nutting up after Philly scored 21 straight? I now have one foot firmly planted on the bandwagon.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ok, if we didn't know it already, we know it now. Saints have a legitimate head coach.

With a first down inside the 10 yard line and 2 minutes to go with a tie score, any other coach would have tried to punch it in for a TD, or at least tried running the ball. The defense was definitely going to do an ole' and just let us run it in, so that McNabb would have a chance to tie the score. But this coach calls for us to down the ball 3 times. Philly with no timeouts was helpless to do anything about it.

This, my friend, is a coach that KNOWS what he is doing.

So sweet.

Defense did just enough, the offense came thru in the end after struggling most of the 2nd half. And like SabanFan said, when is the last time you saw a Saints team with such superior clock management? Never.

You look at the remainder of the schedule, and they are all games we could win. Some are going to be tough, just like todays game. But with 6 games that could have gone either way and a 5-1 record to show for it, this team has very quickly learned how to win. Lovely.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Maybe it had something to do with getting rid of Brooks and replacing him with
    Drew Breeze not to mention a coaching change?
    I don't remember the last time a coaching change turned this positive so soon.
    I can't believe how well the Saints look!

Btw, Aaron Brooks must be bad news after all look how bad the Raiders are
    this year.
    I don't think they will win a game all year!

Congratulations Saints fans and we will see you at Superbowl 42 one way or the other!:hihi: :lol:

5. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

I thought the Saints were going to be a 6 win team before the season started. The difference is absolutely stunning between this and last year. I'm not ready to proclaim the Saints Superbowl contenders yet but damn it would be nice if the Saints get into the playoffs and make some noise this year.

6. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Don't Eat The Cheese!

Carney's walk-off FG as time runs out was sweet! Philly couldn't do a thing about that clock and just stood there and took it.

The complexion of this team is night and day from years past.
    Payton is the main reason why this team is winning. Bush is my fav player, but Drew Brees is so solid and makes the offense go. Payton "Coach of the Year" so far. A lot of games left, but I really like the makeup of this Saints team.

Saints have a bye next week. I remember when they would even lose those.

I wonder who else the Saints will have to beat in order to prove themselves?

7. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Re: Don't Eat The Cheese!

WHO DAT???

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

No one.

Today was it. Philly had arguably the best offense in the NFL. Saints D only gave up 17 of those 24 (7 came off easy turnover for a TD). Drew Brees showed again why his passer rating is so high in the 4th quarter. You got excellent receivers (yes I am now annointing Colston as an excellent receiver, he can no longer be considered a fluke). We even got excellent tight end play today. That's just gravy on what is an already streamlined offense.

And beer man comes back to run back kickoffs, only to add to the potential of our special teams. I mean who doesn't think Reggie could go for 7 on any particular punt?

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Its amazing what happens when you have a coach that isnt enamored with a qb with a big arm who makes questionable decisions...