Saints and Carolina

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by friedriches, Oct 1, 2006.

1. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

Anyone else feel that on that 4th and 5 with 5 minutes left that they should have gone for it? I don't see the logic with the way the Carolina offense is rolling with Steve Smith playing like he is.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Nah, it was a punting situation. Carolina only had two good drives all game, had not been dominating throughout. You gotta leave it up to the D to stop them. Probably won't work though, but it was the right move imo.

Ouch, losing that timeout at that point was costly.

3. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

The way the offense of Carolina was revving up, it was just a matter of time.

Ugh, I knew it was a bad idea to start caring about the Saints too much. Just get my heart broken.

Carolina played a good game, but it just felt like watching the AU game again- stalling drives.

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

First loss, but I still like what I see of this team. Tough road game, short week, coming off a big emotional game, and we still were in it til the end.

I think the Saints have a great shot at beating Tampa Bay next week with them starting a rookie quarterback in his first game, and the Dome crowd behind them.

What I like was that we didn't quit. Everybody was ready to hand the game to Carolina after that Foster touchdown, but the Saints were still trying to win, and were an onside recovery away from having a chance.

5. clair

clair Rockets

:confused:

did you really expect them to go 16-0 or something?

6. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

No, but I was expecting them to at least win this game.

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I wasnt and I am as diehard as the come. I was really surprised that the kept it close. It is VERY tough to play any kind of game after something that emotional not to mention a short week against a divison foe.

I have higher hopes NOW after this lose then I did after the win on Monday night.

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I'm just happy to see that Reggie is dominating the game like a modern-day Gale Sayers. Looks like the experts were right all along!!!

9. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Yep, just like Mario Williams looks like he's a sho-in for the AFC DE Pro Bowl slot! :hihi:

10. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Yea, definitely similar positions -- DE and RB. :rofl:

In all fairness, to listen to the analysts, I could have sworn Bush would have scored a half dozen TDs by now.