Saints and Carolina

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by friedriches, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

He did record his first 2 sacks of his NFL career today

2. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Today's game...

Played well enough to win despite the emotional MNF game. Only 17% of teams that won on MNF and goes on the roasd for the next game wins. Not an excuse b/c we still were never out of the game. Would have spoke volumes about this team if somehow they could have pulled it out. Still proud.

Carolina needed this more than the Saints did, but who doesn't always need a win. But the Panthers stilll almost lost this one.

Saints couldn't get their running game going today, sounds like another team I know do the road. Thought Deuce should have had a few more touches. Put Bush in the slot.

Brees passed for 344.

Colston was a steal in the draft, today 5 catches - 132 yds. His 86 yd TD was the 4th longest in Saints history.

Should have had more of a pass rush against Jake. No sacks, INTs or forced TOs by the defense.

Turnover by Bush, Carney's missed FG right before half hurt as well as the missed tackle on Foster who scored the go ahead TD.

Saints are 2/3 on the road and still lead the division.

Next 3 games are @ home and I'll be at the next one. Look for the Saints to bounce back. Payton will have them ready. They'll be 4-1 at the end of the day.

3. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I really don't have a problem with Mario Williams, but to imply that Reggie Bush is some kind of dud for the Saints would be crazy. He hasn't gotten in the end zone and obviously needs to make some adjustments for the pro game, but he's a large reason why the Saints are 3-1. If the defense hadn't reacted so strongly to Bush on that reverse against Atlanta, Devery would have never gotten in.

I hope Williams works out for Houston, but I don't think the Saints got a bad deal at all.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If there is such a thing as a good loss, this was it. Playing a tough opponent on the road (Panthers were favored by many to make it to the SB, after all). The defense is legit. That's a good thing. The Panthers offense is better than people give them credit for, especially with play maker Steve Smith back at full strength.

As Hornet alluded to, the Saints didn't quit. The TD at the end was nice. Saints teams of the past would have folded up tent and gone home.

Brees is a winner. He showed it today, once again. The Saints just couldn't get over the hump, moved the ball well, but the points didn't come. That was the tale of the tape. The offensive line continues to do a great job in pass protection. The run blocking just needs to get better to open it up for Deuce.

The Saints will beat Tampa easily going 4-1. The Eagles game will be the next big test. I think the Saints will beat a very good Eagle team to go 5-1 going into the bye week. They do that, and a playoff spot is awaiting them.

5. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Regarding Bush, so far his "dominance" has been as a decoy, taking away several defensive players who cover him and leaving an open field for people like Marques Colston (who I believe will make a strong case for Offensive Rookie of the Year).

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

At this point, Bush has not fared well in traditional running plays. I think we need to do some end arounds and some quick screens to him to give him a chance to make it do what it do. Deuce needs to be the one pounding it inside, not Bush.