Saints @ Bengals Who Dey or WHO DAT?!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 30, 2010.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yep, this. Plus we were very sloppy penalty wise today. 12 penalties kept the game close or we would've rolled. Hopefully, we can get that shored up or we may be one and done this year. It is kind of ironic that of all the penalties we had, it was one crucial offsides against the Bengals on 4-2 that cost them the game. Payton admitted that they weren't really going for it in that spot and would've kicked the FG. That play rarely works and we were lucky it did. But, if it's gonna work against any team, it will be the Bungles.

Although we had over 100 yards rushing, the O-line is still hideously inconsistent. I'm not sure what's wrong with Jahri Evans, but I'm getting tired of him quick. Guess he's playing soft because he got the big contract.

Still, these are the types of games the Saints of old would never have won, but we've got that championship moxie going for us. Still, I'm ready for a complete game out of this team where we can relax without the outcome ever being in doubt.

Can't say enough about my boy Hartley. Looks like he's found his confidence. That kick from the left hash, where all his misses have come from this year, was money. Welcome back.

Finally, I think now, we can put the 'Who Dey' vs 'Who Dat' to rest. WE own it.

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I don't think it was all penalties. Our kickoff coverage was poor today. Hartley was kicking low and short and the Bengals had great starting position on every drive.

With minimal injuries, lots of rest since the game on Thanksgiving, and a lot on the line...I expected a better effort.

3. fanatic

Yeah, why is Hartley kicking off instead of Morestead?

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As much as the Saints keep playing down to their competition, one has to fear that it will catch up to them. The one positive is like most good/championship calibur teams they find a way to win.

5. fanatic

Yep, that's true. But hopefully that will work both ways and they play up to the level of good competition too. Still, despite poor special teams play and penalties, I think the win against the Bengals was good in the sense that it will give them confidence that they can win a road game, in the cold, against good competition, if it comes to that. Despite their pathetic record, the Bengals are a decent offensive team. I've watched them in several games against the upper echelon teams and their main problem is they tend to shoot themselves in the foot and the most inopportune times. (See Sunday's 4th and 2 offside for reference.)

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Well, so far they have, well at least against the Steelers they did, but with the Ravens, Atl, and Tampa still on the schedule they will need to stay focused and finish strong. A 4-0 finish and it's homefield througout, a 3-1 finish, with loss only to Ravens, same thing. Anything less and it's traveling time. I think the homefield throughout was a major benefit to the Saints last post season, and I think this yr it is needed more than last. Granted 2 of the 3 losses are at home, but postseason is different than the regular season.

Toughest remaining game, Atlanta in Atlanta. Playing for all the marbles in the NFC South, in Atlanta, where they do not lose. Gonna be a rough one for the boys.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

there is no shame in escaping Cincy with a win. For a southern dome team to go into Cincy in the cold and play and win, it doesn't matter how you win.

8. fanatic

True dat! The only disappointing thing is that we were up by 14 and let them come back. Still, it's a December road win in the NFL, so we'll take it.