saints/bucs

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by orlandotiger, Sep 16, 2007.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Painfully, he went to the game today. I think he's still at the hospital.:rofl:

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Uh oh..he's not going to like my post then.

I just recall the dozen or so threads extolling the perfection of Brees and Payton, which was so over the top. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the excitement. In fact, if the Texans keep this up, I'll be firing up dozens of Schaub/Kubiak/D-line threads! :thumb:

3. DownOnTheBayou

Yeah...Brees and Payton look more like Brooks and Haslett right now! Islstl's really gonna be sick when your Texans beat the crap out of the Saints. I was thinking about trying to go to that game, but now I don't think I want to.:bncry:

1 person likes this.
  4. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I just got back from the hospital and I have a happy news to report I lived (barely)!

1. Tampa fans are chit. I was cussed at walking to the bathroom...this is a girl by herself with guys so close to my face they were spitting on me. When you got out of the stands the fans weren't bad but jeez in them?

2. Proven the only reason one of our colors are black is because we are a dome team. Black shirt and hat in 400 degree heat BAD IDEA!!! I am still cooking now and have been sittin in the AC since 4:30. HOT!!!!!!

3. Our oline needs serious help!! But in thier defense we looked like we needed help everywhere today!

On a whole I would say DON'T give up Saints fans! It can only get better from here and like all Saints fans I saw today said "wait till next week!!!"

:hihi: :D

1 person likes this.
  5. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Didn't the Pats lose their first two or three games a few years ago enroute to a Super Bowl championship?

6. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Even better we swept Tampa the year they won the Super Bowl(I think)! Karma? Who knows?

7. DownOnTheBayou

hold on, we can't compare the Saints to the Pats. The Pats knew how to win, the Saints don't......yet.

8. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope not:lol: :lol:

9. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Here's my slant on what has happened so far to the Saints.

These teams have watched what the Bears did last year and are using their Cover 2 zone scheme against us and it's working.

They have the safeties playing way back so Brees can't throw over the top.

We can't consistently run the ball which negates any play action at all. More often than not last year we were able to run the ball because Brees was picking teams' defenses apart in short passing.

Safeties are playing way back so teams know all we can do is throw short quick passes and corners are playing right on our wideouts and not letting them run after the catch at all.

If this team can't run the ball consistently, then we are doomed. The o-line is getting pushed all around and our defense looks soft.

Other etams corners and safeties are flying to the ball when we run and laying the wood on our backs. Our corners and safeties come up arming people down......the defense is soft.

10. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

The Saints have been outscored so far 24-72.

OFFENSE

Brees has thrown a total of 85 passes with one TD, 3 INTs and a has a rating of 66.4 so far through two games this year.

Bush has 22 carries for 66 yards averaging 3.0 YPC with 2 fumbles.

McAllister, averaging 4.4 YPC compared to Bush's 3.0 YPC, has carried the ball 2 times fewer than Bush, yet with 1 fumble lost. (Why is the more effective guy not being used more often?)

DEFENSE

Allowed 164 yards rushing from Indy, allowing a TD.

Allowed 288 yards passing with 3TDs from Indy as well.

While only giving up 87 yards on the ground, TB was able to score 2 TDs rushing.

With only 10 completions, Garcia was able to pass for 243 yards and 2 TDs on the Saints, the majority of those yards and TDs going to one WR.

Let's see...

We got stomped by Indy.

We got stomped by Tampa.

Indy barely beat Tenn, who we play next week.

Which means we get stomped again by Tenn.