Saints choke big time in 1st round

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Apr 26, 2003.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I am confused they are taking so many o-lineman. According to all of the breakdowns leading up to the draft, the Saints o-line was considered a strength. I can't believe they didn't take a quality DB as the secondary was a major weakness last year.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It doesn't matter now. The 49ers got him in the 7th round. I think he will make the team as the 3 stringer behind Garcia and Rattay, a good situation. Rattay is almost ready to be a starter for somebody but not likely the 49ers because Garcia still has a few good years left. No matter what the NFL scouts thought of Dorsey you can't argue with his record at Miami

3. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I think San Fran is a good place for Dorsey. They run that west coast style offense that doesn't require a cannon of an arm. Montana thrived in that system, and I think Dorsey will make the team there, and he will learning a great system.

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Here is a good article about the newest Saints first day in New Orleans. I really enjoyed reading it.

=============================
    Saints' top picks hustled, bustled in New Orleans
    April 27, 2003
    By Jay Glazer
    SportsLine.com Senior Writer

METAIRIE, La. -- It took all of 10 minutes into his visit at the Saints' facility for first-round pick Johnathan Sullivan to begin his NFL baptism. The New Orleans Saints' top pick had been on the ground just long enough to understand the Saints were not going to wait long to get their money's worth.

"It is so good to see you, we're really excited about having you here, Johnathan," defensive coordinator Rick Venturi said, pouncing as his newest starting defensive tackle entered his office. "While I have you up here and before you go meet the rest of the guys, I want to go through some film of our last game and explain our system a little bit. I want you to see what you'll be doing out there."

The rest of the article...

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Great article........

6. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

Why did the Sanits pick up two more WRs when we already have Joe Horn, Jerome Pathon, Donte' Stallworth, and Jake Reed? I don't understand why we didn't pick up any DBs. We could also use some depth at the RB position, and at QB too since Jake Delhomme is gone.

7. eric d

eric d Founding Member

Joe Horn is 31 and Jake Reed is 36, so some youth will be needed eventually. Reed isn't even listed on the Saints roster on the web page either.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Mel Kiper

Mel Kiper rated the draft team by team with the best rating 4 Mels
    He only rated the Saints at 1 1/2 Mels