Saints@Cowboys

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by diamondheadtiger, Sep 28, 2014.

1. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I thought it was just me. Doesn't it seem that he's trying to force throws and thread the needle a lot? Making dangerous throws that are getting batted or picked off much more than they used to? And maybe some of that is on guys not being able to get open down field, the line not being able to hold blocks long enough, and opponents knowing our tendencies and defending them better. That's an indictment of the whole offense along with Brees.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@TigerBacker70 That part of his game is not all on him. He used to be able to "throw receivers open" (Colston) and that's just not working any more. BTW, if I remember right, 2 drops and a fumble for Colston last night....he's fading fast.

b_leblanc likes this.
  3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly. A comedy of embarassing errors. They looked like the 1-15 team last night. And that defense. From worst ever, to one of the best, to worst in the league. How does that even happen? IMO, the problem is the front 4, which was supposed to be the strength of the D. They cannot get pressure on the QB, which is crucial in the concepts Ryan runs. And Corey White is not an NFL DB. He has no business being out there.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

brees is fine. the offense is not. they had about 10 drops last night so i guess graham needs to retire as well because he had a few. dallas was smart with sustained drives early keeping the offense on the sideline for the first 9+ mins of the first qtr if i recall. the saints need to get rolling early to be successful. If not they seem to be out of synch but its usually outdoors. they dont have much chemistry and brandin cooks has yet to break any long tds. they need to take the top off the defense and get the vertical game going. Teams slump but to put brees out to pasture is quite premature.

fanatic likes this.
  5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree. Might as well air it out on O and send everyone on D. Nothing to lose at this point, as home field advantage is already lost. The only saving grace we have is that everyone else is the NFC South sucks too, so the division is wide open.

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

The window is closing on surrounding him with what he needs and his best play is behind him. It's time to look for a franchise young qb in the next drafts. You got Drew locked in for a few more, but if an Andrew Luck type or similar comes up, send him packing a la Peyton Manning.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the saints think its that greenie from tulane, ryan griffin. theyve been protecting this dude like hes the second coming. they cut shayne graham and someone else then re-signed them just to protect this dude. and last year something similar.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Someone of that calibre only comes along every few years, and the Saints will have to be holding the top pick in the draft to get him.

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Absolutely don't have to be holding the top pick. If Mickey wants him, he'll get him...

10. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

They look awesome on paper, but on turf...different story. Brees is knocking up his wife too much, Colston all of a sudden has Molly McButter all over his hands, this "badass" defense looks lost. Rob Ryan's scheme isn't the problem, it's the personnel.

I can't stand the freaking cowturds, watching them kick the shit out of the hapless saints made them look like a championship caliber team.