Saints cut Garrett Hartley

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 17, 2013.

1. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Payton is not screwing around anymore. Hartley isn't done as a kicker forever. But being the 30th best kicker among 32 teams in a crucial playoff chase isn't going to make it. Just because other players have had poor performance doesn't make Hartleys suck fest acceptible. Brown got benched for a rookie with no experience. About time. I hope there's more changes in the future if they're warranted and they help the team win.

Drew better tighten his game up too, 2 INTs and a fumble are unacceptable.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I think it will. He's definitely sending a message to the team. Right now, the kicker is the most expendable position, but if others don't step it up, they're going to follow.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The 2 Bama boys have sucked for years and they are still there

4. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

You keep trying to make points that are silly. Obviously every player that sucks doesn't can't shouldn't be cut. Otherwise there'd be 20 guys left on the team and the entire cap would be taken up with dead money. Harper is a backup now as soon as there was a better viable option. Ingram gets limited carries in a platoon system. Those examples are not like being the ONLY kicker on a team. Not close. There's other players that could be cut too but it's not feasible. Hartley being cut is warranted and feasible. Sorry you're going to miss him so much. He needs to get his fragile psyche together and try again. He'll get another job.