Saints-Falcons II

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Nov 28, 2012.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Brees has been awful alot this season. 60 mil guaranteed, wife spittin out baby after baby, I doubt we'll ever see the Brees we knew before the contract was signed.

KyleK likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Wish I could argue with you, diamondhead, but I can't. In his defense, I think the offense misses Nicks and Meachem more than we would have thought. Then again, both might still be here if Brees had not been so intent on 100 million.

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

4. mctiger

5. mctiger

Just read further down that patsfans thread. Those accusing Brees of playing for records when the offense was "gashing" Atlanta with the run obviously didn't watch the game. PT ran well on 2 series. Other than that, we were in 2nd and long, or 3rd and long all game.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Why does Thomas not get his fair carries. This is always the case. I could live with him and ivory as 1 and 2. Sproles on 3rd down.

7. mctiger

PT has been on light duty since Vitt came back and put Ivory in the RB rotation. He's the one who has lost carries to Ivory, not Ingram. But I think that was to his benefit last night. He actually looked fresh and healthy when he got the ball, whereas Ingram and Ivory had no burst at all. Remember, both of those guys got pounded by SF's defense just four days ago. Now everyone gets a few extra days rest. It will be interesting to see the rotation when they go to NYG next week. Until last night, I was thinking PT was just out of favor with Vitt.