Saints@ Falcons

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Nov 19, 2013.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Listen to the Who Dats taking over the Georgia Dome!! Awesome!!

1st - I've never seen the TO before a FG work. Ever. Leave it to Payton to make it work.
    2nd - We shut them the fuck out in the 2nd half. 5 sacks! Love me some RR!
    3rd - We only scored 3, but so what. It was a short week after an extremely physical game against the 49ers, we won, and now we have a week and a half to prepare for Seattle.
    4th - Sean Payton OWNS Mike Smith!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    Cajun Sensation likes this.
  2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I didn't care much for how Payton managed the end of the game. You don't start kneel downs until you can run the clock out. All the way out. How about continuing to run the ball and try to get one more first down and be able to kill the clock? Or if you're stopped with time left, kick the field goal and go up 7 so that a fluke kick return or Hail Mary won't beat you? Kicking to go up 7 isn't running it up or being a dick for no reason.

And when the saints were up 17-13 late in the 4th quarter, Jordan sacked Ryan with 2:28 left bringing up 3rd and 15. Why did Paton call a timeout after that 2:28 leaving Atlanta all 3 of theirs? What's the strategy of doing that with a lead?

Also I have Brees and Hartley on my fantasy team. That stupid 4th down scramble lost me 1.4 points on a mediocre QB total by Brees. :mad:

3. fanatic

I agree with you about the clock management; especially that 4th down play. That put them in hail mary range and I've seen us lose like that too many times; twice to the Falcons in '77. But the game is over, we won, so who gives a fuck?

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I can't imagine what it must be like to be a Falcon fan over these 8 seasons watching the Saints beat you 13 out of 16 times.

I remember how sick I was when we lost on that missed FG by Hartley from the 29 yard line in OT. I can't imagine that happening 13 times.

fanatic likes this.
  5. islstl

If the Saints would have run some normal running plays and fumbled the ball and the Falcons score a game winning TD, I would have personally gone to Sean's house and done him bodily harm.

6. islstl

My question is why the fuck does the clock stop because of a DEFENSIVE PENALTY that we declined on the completed pass to Meachem? The clock stops at 2:03, and gives the Falcons another timeout essentially. God that sucked balls.

7. islstl

I actually thought we should have punted from the 28. Just a 1 step quick pooch for about 15 yards and let it roll around and the clock probably runs out.

8. fanatic

That was some home cooking on the declined holding penalty. I think the clock should have started when they were ready for play.

Other than the win, the best part of the night was when the Who Dats took over the Ga. Dome!

9. islstl

actually Evans was missed more, believe it or not

we could have manhandled the D-line and dominated offensively tonight

Sproles would have helped also, even if they would have keyed on him he would have been a very valuable decoy, opening up the middle of the field

10. islstl

So is Sean Payton the first ever NFL head coach to ice a kicker on a non go ahead FG?