Saints fans, and people of New Orleans....

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 8, 2010.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

wish i had known that at midnight. :hihi:

and trainers.:grin:

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I woke up this morning and it hit me that I had just witnessed something that I had thought I would never see in my lifetime. The New Orleans Saints winning the Super Bowl. This is the greatest and most proud time to "Believe" in just how strong the human spirit is. The people of New Orleans are proving to the world, that no matter the adversity, the people of New Orleans and the Gulf region can and will rise above it.

Congrats to the Saints, you are definately the brightest star shining on an area that has been looking for the light for far too long. Thank You.Saintslogo

3. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i just spent the whole weekend down there and would probably risk divorce if i went back, but man, tonight is gonna be awesome.

btw about 15 min after the game i was interviewed by a lady from NPR. and by interviewed i mean she asked me one question:

do you think the saints winning the superbowl will lead to crime, vandalism, fires, etc during the celebration?

that's a hot button for me so i feel like she couldn't have asked me a better question. had i been sober i would have been more eloquent but my answer went something like:
    in louisiana we're raised knowing how to party, this isn't west virginia or los angeles so we're not gonna burn furniture or overturn cars. people here don't lose their minds over a party.

we were down here for both LSU national chmapionships, and nothing but one of the biggest parties this state has ever seen happened both times. expect more of the same.

5. OkieTigerTK

maybe we can get a group rate on a divorce attorney. :grin:

6. LSUtiger327

unfortunately the chance of the saints winning another SB is waaaaaayyyy better than me finding a wife as good as the one i got.

7. OkieTigerTK

thats true. ive met your wife! she's definitely a keeper!:thumb:

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

9:1

btw im most happy for the older generation, like my dad, that are old enough to really have suffered through these 40+yrs. i was lucky enough to miss the first 10 yrs.

9. buckeye78

buckeye78 Founding Member

Congratulations! As a Bears fan, I didn't have a horse in this one. I definitely was pulling for the Saints and the people of New Orleans. This speaks to the graciousness I experienced in NOLA a couple of years back.

I was at work and high stepped it through the restaurant with Porter's pick six. Got quite a few laughs.

Congratulations again for your perserverance and spirit. This team deserves it, your city deserved it and I hope another one is in your near future!

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUtiger327

i'm gonna admit a few things right now....

1) in 1985 i was pulling for the bears all year, one of my best friends was from ill. and a huge bears fan.

2) at the time i owned just two jerseys, a rickey jackson jersey and a walter payton jersey that same friend gave me for my birthday.

3) with said jersey, me and about 10 other nine yr olds performed the superbowl shuffle at my school's talent show that year.

4) we were probably awesome.