Saints Free Agency 2016

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Mar 8, 2016.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Loomis off to a rip roaring start losing the services of Ben Watson.

Way to go, he has the best year of his career and we now have to start over at TE. We did sign the 3rd stringer Monopolymonee, however. So there's that.

Hard to believe how inept we have become in the front office.

DownOnTheBayou likes this.
  2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Over the cap, tons of dead money, what do you expect. The Saints are a rebuild job but they don't want to. Add in no cap space and boat loads of dead money and I wouldn't expect much.
    Hard to believe how inept we have become in the front office.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2016
  3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

From what used to be a strength of the team by finding late round/undrafted gems in the draft (Colston, P.Thomas, Graham) to signing big time free agents (Brees, Sharper, Vilma) with huge ROI, to the front office now being a liability. Look no further than the recent overpriced FA signings that have had zero to negative impacts on the team (Byrd, Browner) and you find yourself being in the salary cap hell that we're currently in. Hard to believe how inept we have become in the front office.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah we are around a .500 team now.

5. TwistedTiger

And very little chance at making rapid improvement. Saints need to build through the draft, get the cap down and get the dead money off the books. It's not a quick fix.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well at least we picked up Fleener. He's 8 years younger than Watson and he's poised to have a career year with Brees throwing him the ball. He did catch 8 TDs 2 short seasons ago with a healthy Andrew Luck. And that was sharing time with Allen, who also had 8 TDs that season (2014). So it could have easily been 12 or 13.

7. TwistedTiger

Yes, that's what this team needed was a TE. Now we're just a couple OL, a couple WRs, a couple DL, a couple LBs and a few DBs from the Super Bowl.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

and apparently hes a bitch. fleener calls out his teammates after he leaves indi. thats some lame stuff. if you have something to say say it to your teammates like a man.

Former teammate Jerrell Freeman, now with the Bears, did not, um, appreciate his comments. Freeman went loose in a text message to Bob Kravitz of WTHR.com, saying it was "a bitch move" by Fleener to comment on former teammates.

“Fleener, he didn't have the [guts]. That [bleep] pisses me off. And he must've been looking in the mirror when he did the interview.

“I despise guys like that. That's what little girls do, talk about you when you're not around. I'm a grown man. If I see something I don't like, I'm going to go have a face-to-face convo with that player/players and we are going to get an understanding! I feel like I had a hand in building what's over there [in Indianapolis], so he's [bleeping] on me, too.

“That's a bitch move.

“You can print all that, brotha!"

i didnt know he called him a bitch. apparently we are in agreement.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Saint's just signed Falcon's LB Nate Stupar. Does this mean they are going to the Stuparbowl?

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

probably not....he's a stupar talent