Saints get 2 home games for the NFC playoffs

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Dec 20, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Vikings in a stunning loss to Carolina tonight.

The Saints will beat the Tampa Bucs and secure home field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs.

Talk about taking a lot of the sting out of that Dallas loss.

Saints will win the Super Bowl.

Bet that.

2. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Let's not start depending on other teams doing it for us. We need to fix things & do it for ourselves.

3. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

We don't need to depend on other teams doing it for us. All we have to do is one of the next two and we have home field advantage.

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

We should beat TB next week. Carolina looked like they were back with their dominating performance over Minnesota. Moore seems to be a good QB and Peppers came to life. This will be a good test to see if our left tackle learned anything from Dallas.

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Who said we're depending on other teams?! We're 13 and freaking 1... We could have won it outright by winning our last two. All the Vikings loss means is that we get to do it next week instead, at home against the Bucs. The Saints HAVE done it for themselves, by winning their previous 13 games!

We do have some things to correct, but what the Panthers win does mean is that we don't have to risk injury to anyone the last week of the season as long as we take care of business against the Buccaneers this Sunday. It's going to be special to clinch our first ever home field throughout at home!

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Agree with you here.

Precisely.

7. AroundtheBowl

AroundtheBowl Founding Member

The Saints defense has been swiss cheese the last 5 or 6 games, except the Patriots game. If they don't get people healthy and/or correct the issues by the playoffs, they aren't going to the SB.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Not going to disagree that we do have some issues to fix, but it amazes me how fast some start to jump on the negative wagon.

9. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

You misunderstood what I was trying to say. I didn't mean that we were lucky to be in this position. I think 13-1 speaks for itself, don't you? What I was trying to say was we have played lousy the last 3 weeks and we better correct it and get the win this week at home against a not too good Tampa team so we can rest some players against Carolina. We don't want to have to win it on the last week against the Carolina team I saw last night hand it to Minnesota. I also don't want Breese having to play that whole game with Pepper drawing a bulls eye on his back. Relax. I'm a fan too.

10. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I read it as an attempt to throw a wet blanket over the celebration of the Panthers win last night. That Panthers win took away almost all of the sting of the loss on Saturday for me as a fan. I'm just happy we have a chance to clinch at home instead of watching the Minnesota-Chicago Monday night game, or having to beat the Panthers in Week 17.

I agree the team has a lot of things to clean up, but I think the loss on Saturday will take away any illusion the players had that they were perfect. I fully expect to see the early season Saints come out for one more game against Tampa and put a blasting on them, wrap up home-field, then get guys healthy for the second round of the playoffs.