Saints @ Panthers

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Oct 30, 2014.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Reggie Bush?

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Deuce

3. mctiger

Payton just stepped up to the mic and criticized the NFL for the Sunday night/road game on Thursday night scheduling. He's right, but it just makes tonight's performance that much more impressive.

Interesting....Paul Crane on Cox Sports just pointed out Saints are the only team in the league that was scheduled to play on a Sunday night, and then travel to play on the road the following Thursday....and ......he says the league did it to the Saints intentionally.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    fanatic likes this.
  4. mctiger

One more tidbit from tonight's game...we actually ran more than we threw....37 runs plays, 34 pass.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

that was truly impressive on the road

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

and that's going to be the winning formula from now on

Brees had one flukish interception and one flukish fumble...although he did lose the ball on another sack.

Overall a solid game by Brees, who normally struggles on the road.

Brees has averaged just 33 passes these last 2 games.

Saints outscored it's opponents 72-33 in those outings.

Brees was averaging over 42 attempts prior to the last 2 games.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

There's no doubt in my mind that they did that shit on purpose. Just like they scheduled 4 of the first 6 games on the road on purpose. Wouldn't be surprised if next year, they have us play in London on a Sunday night, then back to play the Thursday night game.

8. fanatic

Right, both of those were fluky, even though he probably should have thrown to Colston on the pick, who was 1-1 with Kuechly, he did throw it low where it should have either been caught by Stills or incomplete. That's the first time I've ever seen the ball richoet up on a play like that. Then, of course, the fumble where Lorig knocked the ball out of DB's hand. Credit the D for holding the Panthers to 0 pts off of both TOs.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

wasnt ingram wide open in the left flats?

saints need to cut graham. they should have done this when prater became available. wasnt it prater. SG won special teams player of the month yesterday but he sucks. nothing, not even PAT's are close. Im excluding last night and know hes going to cost the saints a game if not two, soon. And Im going to have to blame payton when it goes down.

i still dont like ingram. he runs hard though 3 yards a carry was pretty painful but it kept us in a decent run/pass rhythm. I like ingram v2.0 a lot better than v1.0 but still doesnt break enough tackles to be successful in the postseason. guess they need to get there first.

also, they said they taped up stills groin? thats gotta hurt going on and coming off.

10. fanatic

No kidding. He's already flat out missed one XP this year and I thought he missed another one on the last TD, but he just did eek it through before hitting the left upright.

I've been saying the exact same thing. It's only a matter of time before it happens. And I agree, they should have signed Prater as soon as Denver released him. Even though he's had some off the field issues, it would have been a low risk move to sign him. Not only does he have a Janikowski-type leg (he broke Dempsey's record for longest FG), I think he's even the most accurate kicker in the NFL or something? At this point, I think I'd even rather have Hartley then SG.

Not sure what to make of Ingram v2.0 just yet. Obviously, he's a lot better when he's featured and can get into a rhythm, but only averaged 3 yards a carry against the worst run defense in the league after rushing for his career high against the Packers. But he did enough to keep them off balance. If you look at the games he's played in this year combined with how he finished the season last year, he's been a consistent performer. I'll reserve judgement on him until we see how he fairs in the next 3 games against some really good defenses. (SF, CIN, BAL)

I would not have wanted to be the trainer that drew that assignment.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014