Saints @ Panthers

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Oct 30, 2014.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I wouldn't put it all on Ingram last night. He's a one-cut type back who needs to get behind his pads and run north-south. He can even get a couple of yards when there's no hole, if the line gets some forward push. Last night, Carolina was doing a good job of pushing the center of the line back into him before he could get going. Ingram does not have the speed to bounce the play outside if he's denied the hole, which happened repeatedly last night.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

With Pierre Thomas and Kyrie Robinson out Ingram has really stepped up to the plate. Thomas should be available after the mini bye week

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

well said and is exactly why i hate him. along with the being fat and sucking prior, or being a gump.

4. tirk

2 other things. graham is a great receiver but he is as soft as 4-ply charmin.

And brandin cooks doesnt seem to fit in this offense minus last sunday when they sorta forced him in. they need to meld him in somewhat like seattle did with percy harvin before they 86d him.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And Zack Strief was out for most of the game.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Kind of surprising, since he was supposed to fill the roll vacated by Sproles. But Payton's even admitted that it's on him to find more ways to get him the ball.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

After these past few weeks, it's looking like the Saints will be division champs and make the playoffs. I'm thinking 10-6 overall. Much better outlook than a few weeks ago.

8. tirk

look at their schedule. they arent going 10-6 methinks.

9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, I certainly think they can beat CHI and PIT, and can win nearly all of their DIV games, so that puts them at somewhere around 9-7 to 11-5 range, and DIV champs. They may finish w/5 straight wins if you look at the schedule (Steelers, Panthers, Bears, Falcons, Bucs). That's 9-7, if they don't win any of the other of the tough home games. I think they could win at least one of those tough stretch games w/49ers, Ravens, Bengals, finishing 10-6. That's my case and I'm sticking with it :)

10. tirk

9-7 sounds doable. 10-6 would be stellar with those next 4 games before facing the division for rd 2.

ParadiseiNC likes this.