Saints performance today.....PATHETIC!!!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by DownOnTheBayou, Dec 27, 2009.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

With a chance to clinch home-field advantage for the first time in team history, the Saints decide not to show up for the festivites!

Win or lose, today's performance against one of the worst teams in the NFL was absolutely dreadful. The Saints start out hot to get up 14-0, then decide to go on cruise control. The offense showed ZERO emotion after that. They play-calling was good, the execution not so much.

Plus our D seems to get worse every week. TB has one of the worst offenses in football, and we couldn't stop them. If they didn't have a rookie QB making two stupid INTs, the Saints probably lose in regulation, instead of going to OT.

Obviously the loss last week did nothing for this team. I'll say it again, the Saints keep playing like this it's one and done in the playoffs.

PATHETIC!!!!

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Looks like the good ol' Saints are back. :dis:

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I look at this as a good loss.

Younger Saints fans have been lured into the den and will be hopelessly hooked on this insidious drug. Today's game serves to lower the expectations. The blow of losing the last 3 regular season games and being one and done in the playoffs has been softened. They are seeing what we older fans have become used to: Don't be tempted by the beauty and sexiness. This bitch will rip you heart out of your chest every time.

Learn your lessons, Grasshoppers.

4. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I've been trying to tell that to people, but they don't listen err Izzy err.

5. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

These last 2 losses have been obvious for weeks. The Saints just don't have the size or speed on defense to make it through a season. The scheme is great but the players just aren't there yet.

I still feel the Saints are a year away from a realistic shot at the winning it all. They need more beef on the line.

It's nice to start off hot but it's how you finish that counts and the Saints have been on the way down for a while.

Regardless, it's been a fun season and it's still not over. It's probably best to temper your expectations though.

6. SabanFan

2009 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    2008 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    2007 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    2006 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    2005 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    2004 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    2003 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    2002 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    2001 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    2000 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    1999 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    1998 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    1997 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    1996 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    1995 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    1994 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    1993 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    1992 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    1991 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    1990 I still feel the Saints are a year away
    1989 I still feel the Saints are a year away

etc., etc., etc...

7. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Typical Saints fans. Expect the worse and you'll consistently get it.

Of course they played like crap this week. And they lost. If you're convinced they're done for the season, shame on you. I'm not. I already have second round tickets and want NFC Championship game tickets. I'm also still looking for Superbowl tickests if any of you Negative Nancy's have any you want to sell this week.

8. Darth

Darth Dark Lord of the SEC

Maybe they shouldn't be the number one seed. They play better on the road anyway, PHUCK!!!!!

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I didn't expect the worse, I expected last weeks beat down plus the return of some key starters to re energize the Saints and lead them to a blow out of an awful team at home. Instead what we got was the worse, they showed absolutely no heart or desire. They were out played, out hustled and out desired by a 2 win team with a rookie QB that has been dead in the water for months. It would take divine intervention at this point for this team to do anything in the playoffs. They look perfectly happy to end the season with 13 wins.

10. SabanFan

That's cute. You'll learn eventually, but it's nice to see how some fans stand by their team.

I was sweet talked back onto the bandwagon this year, but I specifically requested an exit row.