Saints performance today.....PATHETIC!!!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by DownOnTheBayou, Dec 27, 2009.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

clueless

2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Aren't you some of the same guys who are always down on Tiger fans if they speak badly of the team after a loss? Say they aren't real fans? Must be 'Bama trolls in disguise?

Give up if you want to, I expect that form a lot of Saints fans from their history and the fan culture that I've dealt with for decades. Open up a big old can of quit on the team. It's what you've been doing for many years now. I wouldn't expect any better of most Saint's fans. Feel free to say you were always behind them when they succeed though. It's OK, we all know how you really are.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Isn't that the exact same thing the team just opened up on the fans? A 17 point lead against a 2 win team at home with home field advantage on the line and you tank? Give us suffering Saints fans a break. I'll be watching next week pulling for a W, but I've got a feeling I'll be losing my lunch by halftime.

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I was here:

http://www.mmbolding.com/Expansion/expNO67.wmv

I was here:

[​IMG]

Was there when this guy showed us what a Hail Mary was:

[​IMG]

I could go on and on and on but they have ripped my heart out way too many times for me to jump solidly on said bandwagon. I will scream my lungs out but will completely understand if they fold right now.

5. DownOnTheBayou

Again, clueless!

I've been saying the Saints are in trouble long before these last 2 games. They have played poorly pretty much since the Giants game. With the exception of NE and the first TB game.

If what you've been watching lately gives you confidence in this team going into the playoffs, then you haven't a clue. This defense is HORRIBLE!!! And now the offense is struggling too.

There is no excuse for losing today. And i guarantee you each and every person in that Saints locker room will tell you the samething! Now we're in a must-win against a red hot Carolina team which would love to ruin our chances at a no. 1 seed.

6. TigerBacker70

It sure looked like come crappy below average football played by the Saints to me, with the exception of the first quarter. I saw what you did - poor execution in all phases of the game, lack of hustle by a lot of starters, poor pass rushing and pas coverage, and some extremely sloppy tackling. On the other side I saw a team that played and executed well, like winning this game meant more to them than it did the Saints. I think Freeman will be a good QB one day, he showed lots of poise.

But none of that is going to cause me to give up on my team and concede that they're done for the season and are incapable of winning. Or that they've quit because they have had 2 poor performances in a row. Crappy timing for poor play to be sure. The defense has been regressing each week in one phase or another IMO. But I'm still proud to be a Saints fan. I hope and believe that they will get it together. After following them for over 30 seasons, I still believe that this team is very special. I have and will never be one of "those" Saints fans that ducks and runs at the first sign of trouble and chalks it up to the Saints being the Saints. I'm cool with those that are because I'm used to it by now. It's how lots of our fan base is.

I never wore a bag and have never referred to my team as the Aints. Saintslogo

7. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Never have gave up on the Saints and never will. But the expectation is the same. Like some of the others who have lived through the entire Saint history is to not get your expectations up to much because they will break you heart everytime. Once again they have proved it. The curse lives on.

8. DownOnTheBayou

So when people make legitimate criticizms about their team, they aren't true fans???

I'm sooooooo sick of the kool aid drinkers on this forum that say people aren't real fans if they say anything negative about their team. If you wanna disagree with someone, perfectly fine. But don't say someone isn't a "true" fan because they criticize. That's why i NEVER go in the Den anymore.

And for the record, i never said the season was over. I said it doesn't look good IF they keep playing like this.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

They haven't had 2 poor performances in a row they have two losses in a row. They have 4 pitiful performances in a row and 8 of the last 10. They have been extremely lucky in many of those games.
    You can serve sh!t salad and call it caviar, but caviar it is not. I was born the same year as the Saints in the same city. I was born a Saints fan and will die a Saints fan. I have not however gotten so old that I am delusional or incapable of coherent thought. The Saints are what they are, and they are not showing themselves to be a contender no matter how bad we long time Saints fans deserve one. The season will be a success if they are not one and done in the playoffs. It would be a miracle if they would win two. Hell would certainly freeze over if they won it all.

1 person likes this.
  10. TigerBacker70

So it seems like we're in agreement about a lot if you actually read what I post. I too despise those who can't take legitimate criticism of the team. Most of the LSU fans here piss their pants if you criticize the team's play or god forbid the coaching genius of Les Miles.

I can take criticism if it's legitimate. In fact, I'll be the very first to criticize any of my teams when it's deserved. The Saints have been playing like garbage in different phases more and more lately. That's not in dispute by me. My comment about "typical Saints fans" wasn't directed specifically toward you when I made it. But I still believe that even with the poor play lately, the team is the best Saints team overall by far I've ever watched and when (some atypical Saint fan optimism) they get it together they will be a great team capable of winning it all. I choose to believe that they can and will get it together before it's too late. I could be wrong. But if I'm not it will be so very sweet to know that I never stopped having their back and didn't bad mouth them when they were down.