Saints performance today.....PATHETIC!!!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by DownOnTheBayou, Dec 27, 2009.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You and the Saints are like Red and Global Warming.:hihi:

What about the 98 yard drive in 8 plays including a loss to the one half yard line on the 1st play?

What about being shut out for the 2nd half?

What about (at least) 10 missed tackles, all of which continued Buc drives?

What about receivers running 3rd down routes a yard short of the 1st down marker THREE TIMES, all of which ended Saints' drives?

What about the 25th ranked offense putting 439 yards on the Saints?

No my good friend. The problem goes a lot deeper than special teams.

The harsh truth is that teams have figured out how to beat the Saints.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

:lol:

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i thought the Saints would lose to Carolina but Tampa? You are going to tell me Drew Brees, Sean Payton the offensive genius, and this offense can't score a 2nd half point against Tampa Bay? If the Saints lose against Carolina, and lose in their first playoff game, we may have witnessed the biggest collapse in the history of the NFL. Only the Saints could do something like that. But there is football left to be played, and we are seeing something that is not typical of this Saints team. Hopefully they can get this crap fixed.

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Oh yeah, that too. :grin: Men from boys happens in the playoffs. We'll find out if we've been "figured out" or not.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

The irony doesn't stop, I see.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As I posted in another thread earlier this season, if they don't secure home field advantage this will be a short post season.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Was glad to hear Payton say just what I was thinking in today's press conference: tonight's Minn/Chi game is irrelevant. The Saints have to prepare for the Carolina game next week as if it is a must-win game.

At this point, I think the downfall of this team was not the Cowboys loss, or yesterday, but escaping Washington with a win. It wasn't the first come-from-behind win of the season, but we earned the others, by coming out of the half time locker room with a sense of urgency and purpose. We had no business winning the Washington game; we got outplayed in every aspect all day. But when Suisham missed the chip shot, (some players even said this) I think some players got a sense of "someone's watching over us; we're destined to win." We haven't played with purpose or urgency since. We were good enough to escape Atl with a win, but it showed last weekend and this. I think guys are waiting for destiny to take over instead of taking care of business themselves. My recommendation: I know they watched yesterday's game film this morning; now burn it. And sometime this week, break out the Giants and Eagles game films and remember what a team on a mission looks like.

8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I refused to "believe" until after the dolphins game. The 72' crew were in full effect and EVERY bounce of the ball went our way. I not only started to believe, but I had visions of a perfect season dancing in my head. It's not over till it's over, but it's not looking good.

9. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Well since your predictions haven't turned out so well, i.e. you telling everyone to bet their life savings on Tiger winning the PGA Championship, i guess the Saints don't need to make any reservations in Miami.

Thanks!