Saints @ Rams

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Ok, so this should be a track meet. Normally, I'm a bit cautious when I post these game threads. I was cautious against Miami even though they had a bad record going into the game, and I was cautious against Carolina.....but this game I REFUSE to be cautious over.

The New Orleans Saints are going to absolutely ROUTE the Rams. Vegas has the line at New Orleans -13.5 points.

Look for Meachem, Brees, Devery and Pierre Thomas all to have big games.....maybe Reggie, too.

Saints 42
    Rams 6

1 person likes this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

agree with almost all but lets not go overboard on that last part. we are still dealing in reality not science fiction. his chance was yesterday with lance moore out. i think that window of opportunity has closed.

1 person likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Some people talked about the Giants game and the Falcons game, and maybe one or two others as "the game that would show if we are good enough for the Super Bowl." I would say this game falls along those lines as well, if maybe not as big as with the quality opponents. The 13.5 line is a joke; on paper, we're 24 points or more better than the Rams. The question becomes, will we bring the same kind of intensity we did against the top-notch opponents and give the Rams the kind of beat-down we're capable of? Super Bowl-calibre teams don't take weeks off; they take care of business. Will the Saints TCB?

Saints 45
    Rams 10

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This one won't be a problem.

The turnovers on offense finally come to a halt vs the Rams.

Saints 51, Rams 13

5. TRUE2LSU

TRUE2LSU Founding Member

Saints-31
    Rams-17 Saintslogo

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I think the Saints come out flat, but then realize they can't take anyone lightly.

Saints - 48Saintslogo

Rams - 17

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Think the Saints will be ready to prove a point with this game after several tough starts. Look for us to jump out front early and not look back:

Saints 49
    Rams 10

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Greer and Moore are out Sunday and Sharper is questionable, as is Goodwin.

Good news is, Fujita should be back.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Fujita to help contain a very hot Jackson would be the best news out of all this injury mess.

The Rams passing game may be the worst in the NFL right now. We'll get some valuable PT for Jenkins at nickel and Young at FS. I still expect Sharper to start but for Young to get lots of looks.

I don't think the Rams will run many 4 wideout sets (Isaac Bruce wont be playing), therefore we won't be needing to play dime defense much. I assume Torrence will be activated this week to help at the CB spot.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Saints will still miss Ellis, and Steven Jackson is one of the best backs in the league. I have a feeling Jackson will go for about 130 yards and 1 touchdown. Too bad thats all they get.

Saints 45
    Rams 7