Saints @ Ravens

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I noticed that. What did Will Smith do to get that 15 yard penalty called on him?

2. Cajun Sensation

Devery has made a couple of good catches today.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Damn Reggie!...run the damn ball up the field! You're not at that damn Pac-1 school playing a bunch of weak high school teams from CA, AZ, OR, and WA.

Stop trying to create a highlight reel and be a TEAM PLAYER!

4. Cajun Sensation

If I'm Brees on this drive, I'm looking for Lance Moore and Jimmy Graham.

5. PURPLE TIGER

Bush loses 3-5 yards being stupid and Colston drops the pass.

We need a 1st down and then get on a roll!

6. Cajun Sensation

That'll do it.

Ballgame.

7. PURPLE TIGER

We weren't going to convert anyway. The refs were going to ensure that. They threw that flag as soon as he threw the pass.

The Saints screwed around too much on offense trying to run a million formations instead of sticking with what was working and the defense is just not very good .

The next two games probably have no impact on the division. We wasted that chance by losing to horrible teams like Arizona and Cleveland. The chip shot FG to lose to Atlanta also haunts us now.

Do we have enough talent to win four straight games on the road in the playoffs? I don't know but the offense will need to not only score 30+ points per game but they HAVE to control the ball and move the chains more often. Our defense can't be on the field so much and needs help pinning the other team deep.

Special teams needs to make something happen as well.

8. Kino74

Kino74 Founding Member

Saints need to work on stopping the run. Giving up 30+ yards on a run is not going to work. Having said that, the officiating had me just a bit puzzled as to what they were watching. Anytime the announcers question why a flag was not thrown and state that Ravens player will no noubt get a fine for his actions says alot about the quality of the officiating.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm not gonna rip Payton because that would just be dumb, but I thought he tried to be a little too cute in this game. Thomas ripped off a few good runs in the first quarter and I thought the Saints could have gotten more yards on the ground and sustained some drives.

Great effort on the road against a good team though. You gotta be happy with the way Jimmy Graham has progressed.

The Saints defensively are just weak at Linebacker. Vilma is really the only one you can rely on. Alot people are enamored with Scott Shanle but I have never been impressed with him.

So now, you hope Atlanta loses to Seattle, and then next week on Monday night, so the Saints can at least force Atlanta to play full out against Carolina in week 17.

The way it looks now, New Orleans could either go on the road in round 1 to an NFC West division winner, or even possibly the NFC North divsion winner, which they do not want to do, because it looks like the Bears could that team. And we all know that the Saints have had no success against the Bears in the past, especially in Chicago, late in the season.

The Saints O Line needs to block better, Robert Meachem needs to be slapped around a bit, because his drops are becoming huge, and I love Colston but he had some big drops today also on some tough catches, but those were catches the Saints needed.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You ain't kiddin'. Houshmanzahda or however the hell you spell his name, even tried to kick Lee Torrance, right in front of 2 officials and no flag was thrown. Then, Will Smith got flagged something less then that atfer a 3rd down play where we held them and it kept the drive alive and allowed them to kick the go ahead FG. Bullsh!t.

Couldn't agree more. He's known for doing stuff like that from time to time. We're gonna HAVE to run the ball in the playoffs; especially on the road against Philly or Chi, and I thought we missed a good chance to showcase it today; especially considering how Pierre was running early. I guess getting down 21-7 might have gotten us out of the game plan.

Couldn't disagree more. I thought it was a poor effort on offense and defense, especially in the first half. Anytime you let the Ravens offense score 30pts on you, that same offense that hasn't scored a 2nd half TD in forever, you deserve to lose.